יום הזיכרון. האם אתם מציינים?

עטלפוני

אני חושב שזה קשור להאם איבדת מישהו קרוב

אישית אף אחד שאני מכיר לא נהרג במלחמה, אז אין לי יותר מדי חיבור רגשי ליום הזה. אולי אם היו לי חברים שנהרגו, הייתי מרגיש אחרת ? למזלי לא יודע/אדע את התשובה.
&nbsp
אני גם מנסה להפריד (לא רק בזה, אלא באופן כללי) בין ישראל עבורי לבין ישראל עבור הילדים שלי. לדוגמא, את הילדים שלי יום העצמאות לא מעניין או רלוונטי, אלא "קנדה דיי" זה הרלוונטי ולכן נחגוג ונציין אותו כי הבאתי אותם לכאן, ולא כדי כל הזמן לבלבל את המוח על ישראל. באותה מידה אמא שלי שהיגרה מרומניה לישראל לא חגגה איתנו את יום העצמאות הרומני, ואני לא רואה הבדל בין שני הדברים.
&nbsp
אבל כל משפחה והסיבות וההיסטוריה שלה למעבר.לדעתי עשית חכם - הלכת כשזה התאים לך, הפסקת כשזה לא. אולי תחזור ללכת בהמשך, ואולי לעולם לא. פעלת מתוך מחשבה, ולא על אוטומט וזה הדבר שהכי חשוב לקחת מהשאלה שלך לדעתי.

JimmyGee

The Romania example is not the same in my opinion

Israel is a house for all Jewish people (love it or hate it). It defends, helps and protects (to some extent of course) not just Israelis worldwide, but also Jews.
I have been living outside of Israel for 25 years and (like most of us) I still have a lot of family there. This is why I disagree that it will ever be the same as Romania or Poland for me.
If I were a true christian Romanian with a lot of family there I'd probably want my kids to know more about and absorb the Romanian culture - but I am not. I am and will always be (until the day I die) an Israeli living outside of Israel.
I don't see how my connection to Israel (as an Israeli born Jew with a lot of family there) is the same as the connection my mother (a Romanian born Jew) had to Romania.

CANADA101010

אני לא עשיתי ירידה עם הקונוטציה השלילית עשיתי הגירה

אני יליד רומניה וגם אמא שלי "לא עמדה" בצפירה של יום הזכרון הרומני.
כל השאלה היא בעיני אם אתה מרגיש שייך לשבט בכל רמ"ח אבריך או שיש לך רגשות חיוביים למקום שחיית בו שנים רבות ואתה אסיר תודה למדינה זאת.
הפתגם השלם הוא:
Don't spit into the well--you might drink from it later.
אכן השקעתי מעט ולא ברור באם הציטוט יהודי רוסי או סקוטי
מה שברור הוא ש LATER יכול להיות מפורש באם חלילה יחזור תסריט האימה הנאצי יש לאן לברוח שלא כמו 1939 אבל ויש כאן אבל גדול בעיני הסיכוי גדול יותר שזה לא יקרה בקרוב ובטח לא בימי חיי ולי ברור שאני שותה את מי הבאר של קנדה ובוחר להיות אסיר תודה לבאר שאני שותה את מימיה עכשיו.
כבר כתבתי לא רוצה שמשהו רע יקרה למדינת ישראל ומאחל להם שם רק טוב
איש במקומו יחיה
אני לא עשיתי ירידה עם הקונוטציה השלילית עשיתי הגירה כמו מליונים אחרים כמו השכן האיטלקי שלי והרוסי בצד השני. הם לא עשו ירידה ולא עלייה כולנו עשינו הגירה

JimmyGee

I agree. I immigrated I didn't do "Yerida". However

I can love and be loyal (and so can my kids) to more than 1 country.

It's not just about not spitting into the well I just drank from. I sincerely want Israel to do well. I have a vested interested in Israel doing well. I have family there, I have friends there and (like I said before) it's a house for the Jewish people.
will not return? Hopefully, it will never be as bad as 1939 or evern close to it. But look at what's going on with Jews in France or Belgium.
I want Israel to always be thriving and a good option to choose from for me and my kids.

עטלפוני

For each his own

What you feel towards Romania, I feel about Israel. Yes, I speak Hebrew, and yes, I can't ignore 30 something years of my life, but I don't have a specific need to preserve everything about it here, for myself or my kids. I wanted to move here, this is my home now and that is all that matters. I guess it depands on how "Jewish" you are. While it's true that a Nazi will most likely murder me, I don't care much about my Jewish hertige to begin with. I was more "Israeli" than "Jewish", just like I see myself more of a "Canadian" than "Jewish" (Although I still need to earn the right to fully call myself a Canadian, not there yet). You see Israel as a "Home", I see israel as "the place that I was born at and lived at until I moved here". Neither is wrong.

JimmyGee

I don’t know about you

but I will always be an Israeli. That’s where I was born. while my English is great and my accent is great there will always a slight accent as well. I don’t practice Judaism either but I will always be a Jew.
I have an interest in Israel being a strong country and so do my Jewish kids. A strong Israel means young men and women will have to sacrifice themselves and that’s why I want to remember them, respect them and thank them for paying the ultimate price so that Israel can remain a strong country

למעלה