WELCOME to our FORUM

n i v1

New member
Questions for Timשרשור השאלות../images/Emo41.gif../images/Emo41.gif

חברים- זה יהיה השרשור לו יענה טים ביום ראשון החל מ - 23:00. החלטתי לפתוח את השרשור היום בלילה ע"מ לאפשר לכם להרהר בדברים שמעניינים אתכם וכמו כן לאפשר זמן שיתן מגוון עשיר יותר של שאלות ותגובות. אתם מוזמנים להוסיף לכאן את שאלותיכם - באנגלית בלבד. אם יש לכם בעיות בניסוח, שילחו אלי את השאלות לפרטי ואתרגמן בשבילכם. כל הודעה שאינה קשורה לשרשור תימחק לאלתר ללא הודעה מראש. ההודעה הזו תישאר בראש העמוד מעתה ועד יום ראשון כאמור. אם אין לכם שאלות ברגע זה, אל תוסיפו דבר. אא הימנעו מלחזור על שאלות שכבר נשאלו. שאלות שיחזרו על עצמן ימחקו על ידי לאלתר בלי הודעה מראש. זהו האירוח הראשון של הפורום. בעתיד, אבדוק אפשרויות אירוח נוספות. תהנו ניב
 

CaptainOok

New member
Why, in your opinion, people will..

consider donating money for the purpose of funding the Enterprise's firth season production, when they know for sure the network will only keep the money they make for themselves, and not give it back to the donators? זאת שאלה טובה? אני לא בטוח... לא חייבים לשאול אותה
 

EBow

New member
Some more questions

Hey, Tim. I'm interested in knowing which of the decision makers (Paramount, UPN, CBS) you would consider the most co-operative to our goal and which the least. In addition, have you been in any direct contact with any of them at any point of the struggle. Thank you.
 

t i m 1

New member
Reply to EBow

I'm interested in knowing which of the decision makers (Paramount, UPN, CBS) you would consider the most co-operative to our goal and which the least. (Tim) I would say that non of them are really. We have to show them that we are comitted to this and that there is a LARGE fan base out here that want to see the franchise as well as Enterprise to continue on. They are all very friendly when I talk to them. I can tell that we have NO real friends at Paramount. This being said, we have to stand up and let them know that we are here. I think the "in there face" method is best. let's show them publicly and in the open that we support the franchise as well as the show. They can ignore phone calls and emails. They CANNOT ignore 3000 or 5000 fans at there front door screaming that we want this to continue. In addition, have you been in any direct contact with any of them at any point of the struggle. I have many friends that I have made on and around the set of Enterprise and chat with most of them daily. I DO NOT have any friends in the upper managment at Paramount or CBS. So this is the reason we have to MAKE them notice us.
 

EBow

New member
Another quick question

There are probably several dozens of thousands of fans with large enough a financial basis to superiorly support the contribution effort, something like a contribution of a million or even several millions of dollars for the campaign. Where are all these people in such a time of need?
 

EBow

New member
About fan statistics

If you were to be told the exact statistics of the numbers of fans who want ENT to be kept on air vs those who would have preferred it cancelled, and the outcome would be that most don't like it, would you, in the name of the unity of the ST community, have dropped the campaign?
 

ליזידי

New member
A little late, but not too late

1. Regardless of the the current effort to save the show... If you were personally faced with a "Solomon's Judgement"-like decision, where you had to decide whether to keep Enterprise alive at the cost of not producing any other ST shows or movies during its lifetime, or scrubbing it in favor of other, unkown projects, what would be you personal decision? And what (in your opinion) would be the general tendency in the ST fans community? 2. What would you conclude, and what (if anything) will you do if Enterprise will indeed go under entirely? 3. In retrospect, do you think there was anything that should have been done differently, or in a different time-frame, to better aid the effort to keep the Enterprise show alive? 4. Do you think that international fans of Enterprise who download its episodes from the internet are hurting or helping the show - in terms of support base and commercial value? 5. Has anyone in the U.S. contemplated some kind of class action suit due to emotional distress, just to gain some more (free) press coverage?
Thanks, Lizzy-D​
 

t i m 1

New member
ליזידי reply to

1. Regardless of the the current effort to save the show... If you were personally faced with a "Solomon's Judgement"-like decision, where you had to decide whether to keep Enterprise alive at the cost of not producing any other ST shows or movies during its lifetime, or scrubbing it in favor of other, unkown projects, what would be you personal decision? And what (in your opinion) would be the general tendency in the ST fans community? (Tim) First I have been a Trek fan for most of my life. I love them all. I would like to say that (I think) that we are looking at just the oposite of your question here. Myself as well as other people that are actually on or around the show believe that you are seeing the death of Star Trek the franchise NOW, not just Enterprise and this is something that I have stated all along. With Enterprise being cancelled, the franchise dies with it. Now, to directly answer your question. If I KNEW for sure that cancelling Enterprise would ensure that the Star Trek legacy continued on. I would let it go and would. I would not push our campagin. "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or one". 2. What would you conclude, and what (if anything) will you do if Enterprise will indeed go under entirely? (TIM) If we cannot get it back. My wife wants me to take some time off. I have dedicated 16 to 20 hours a day on this since the news of cancellation doing interviews and radio shows. Before that about eight hours a day. So I would take some time off and try and setup the largest global Star Trek fan site in the world. It seems that people in the U.S. seem to focus on what we want here. The Trek Universe is a much larger place and I want one place where fans from the world over could come to unite and have a large community. Each in there own language. There are no barriers in the Star Trek universe. Why should we be the exception in the U.S.? But, lets not look at what could happen. Lets foucs on "Saving Star Trek". Remember, the glass is half full. 3. In retrospect, do you think there was anything that should have been done differently, or in a different time-frame, to better aid the effort to keep the Enterprise show alive? (TIM) I always look back and see something that I could have done that might have made a larger impact on a personal level. I always listen to input from everyone around me as well as the fans. NIV has some FANTASTIC ideas as I am sure that most of you do and would love to hear them. As I have told the media and others.. This is NOT a Tim Brazeal campaign but a FAN campaign. It is the combined efforts of hundreds if not thousands of people.. Is there something I could have done differently? I am sure there is. I am currently giving this campaign 100%.. Have I made mistakes? You know I have.. but we learn from them and move on. 4. Do you think that international fans of Enterprise who download its episodes from the internet are hurting or helping the show - in terms of support base and commercial value? (Tim) I am actually using these statistics in our fight. I cannot read the minds of the execs.. My personal thought is that if you have 70,000 international fans downloading the episodes, this is telling them something loud and clear. 5. Has anyone in the U.S. contemplated some kind of class action suit due to emotional distress, just to gain some more (free) press coverage? (TIM) I cannot talk about this one at this time. Media could be watching. It has been more than thought about on this end.
 

I א י י ל I

New member
well

all of my questions have already been asked so i'm here to show my deeply support for your initiative to save that wonderful show, which inspired and fasenited me very much. so THNK YOU AND HAVE ALOT OF FAITH (you will need it) one more thing- i think that you choose the best action to save the show by collecting money for the ad and the 5th seseon because it seems that enterprise onwers really want to get the show off because some resaon or another.
 

t i m 1

New member
reply to well

Hi Well, I am glad that you approve of what WE are all trying to do. There comes a point in life when you cannot sit back and just take what you are dished out. You have to actually stand up and make people take notice of what we have to say. And because of fans like you. This is EXACTLY what we are doing on a global basis. Spread the word. Join the Cause!
 

AKIRA972

New member
Hi TIM!

Hi TIM Outside the U.S we sometimes confuse between: PARAMOUNT/UPN/VIACOM/CBS What is the difference and the relations between them and how does Monnves connected to them exactly?
 

t i m 1

New member
Hi AKIRA972

This is a great question and one that I am asked often.. here is the break down ... Viacom owns CBS Parmount UPN Star Trek is owned by Parmaount. So since Viacom owns them all. We have to start at the top. Mr. Moonves is one of the main execs at Viacom as well as the President of CBS. Everything else Paramount and UPN fall in under him. The only person that is higher than Moonves is Sumner Redstone but he does not personally handle Paramount. Moonves does. Hope that helps
 

BORG 972

New member
one more question..

I've read somewhere Rick Berman being quoted saying he wouldn't try an approach of lowering the budget of the show from ~1.6 million per episode to something that will make it easier for the networks to purchase the show. I personally think it's not wise. at this point we should settle for less effects and quality of filming as long as the show would stay. effects are not the essence, not what's important, specially when the show clearly isn't getting to a very broad viewers crowed right now. what is your opinion on this issue?
 

t i m 1

New member
Reply to BORG 972

Please keep in mind that Rick Berman is pretty much told what Paramount wants him to relay to the press from what I have been told.. Such as the story of him not shopping Enterprise around. I was told that he was handed what Paramount wanted him to say. So, although I cannot comment directly about this. I can tell you what I have heard from a reliable source.
 

t i m 1

New member
Answer to Captain Ook

We have attorneys that have volunteered there time to make sure this does not happen. Once we approach Paramount with the funds, They WILL have to sign a contract stating that the monies taken from the fans can only be uses to sponsor season five of Enterprise. Andrew is the main attorney and you can post questions for him on www.trekunited.com
 

CaptainOok

New member
thanks for the answer, but...

that was not what i asked. the network will use the money donated to produce a fifth season - and that's great. but the network will, naturally, make a lot of money from that production, without any financial risk invovled, and on the back of the donators. so, i think it's only fair to arrange a refund of all the money donated back to the donators, after the show will be a success. of course, that kind of thing is very complicated, and i wonder if even possile at all...
 
למעלה