The intellectuals around here

Trinity 8 P

The intellectuals around here

would appreciate it... i personally found it hilarious (most of it)​

AngeIDust

אני השתעשעתי דווקא מ

Hippocrates: Because of an excess of light pink gooey stuff in its pancreas. ואת אמילי דיקנסון. חביב בהחלט.

CosmikDebris

חחח נחמד

Kafka: Hardly the most urgent enquiry to make of a low-grade insurance clerk who woke up that morning as a hen. גם שולט

אלו Z

חחח יפה

אהבתי במיוחד את טורקמנדה: Give me ten minutes with the chicken and I'll find out. ודוגלס אדאמס בכלל גאוני: 42!! עשה לי חשק לקרוא בפעם העשירית את מדריך הטרמפיסט לגלקסיה, חח

Trinity 8 P

Explanations../images/Emo54.gif

Plato: A philosopher who believed in the World of Forms and Ideas in which everything is "good" and our world is an imperfect reflection of it. Karl Marx: Founder of Marxism, that led to the Soviet Communist Revolution, claiming that that revolution is historically inevitable because capitalist democracy creates an upper class that would be overrun by the poor masses Machiavelli: A political philosopher whose publications stressed the goernmental need in authority over the persuite of ideals. Hippocrates: A Greek (or Roman?) physician who was known to be a brillan geometer and not a very brilliant other things... Jacques Derrida: French (?) philosopher who started a theory of deconstruction which is an analysis strategy that advocated deeper ideas and shit in really simple writing/art/ whatever.. (I Think!) Thomas de Torquemada: A Confessor in the spanish inquisition- used confessions to find jews and order their killings. Timothy Leary: A psychologist who researched the effects of psilocybin mushrooms oh humans... he took some himself in the process and gave some to others... Douglas Adams: Sci-fi writer, his most well known peice is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which he claims that the answer "to life, the universe, and everything" is 42. Nietzsche A philosopher whose main ideas are mild existentialism and self affirmation (Eliav correct me if I'm wrong you like him better than i do) Oliver North: High-Commander in the American War against Iraq. B.F. Skinner: says that you learn by response.. meaning your everyday behavior presents evens that you need to responde to and by this response you develop. your course of development is rooted in you genetics (in lack of better word. Carl Jung: A psychologist (and a horrible person) he divides the unconciousness into three parts ego, collective unconsciousness and another one that I don't remember... collective unconsciousness is the idea that there is knowledge or feelings or some kind of consciousness that all people share and sort of live in access of. Jean-Paul Sartre: Existentialist. Existence preceeds Essence- you are a bblank person so to speak and then you are what you make of yourself. you decide what to how and so on in a hostile environment that couldn't care less about you. Ludwig Wittgenstein: all i remeber is that he was gay and that he has an osession with words... he believes that the way people phrase themselves has further implications. (I can be really wrong about this one but I'm pretty sure I'm at least on the right track) Albert Einstein: No need of much explanation. Relativity and such... this particualr joke refers to the idea of The Relativity of Simultaneity- something happens in a particular point in time and space with respect to something else... (Read the Philosophy of Physics by Roberto Torretti Aristotle: Advocated that philosophers can relay on their enhanced senses to make sense of the world, (hence potential). Buddha: Dharma- your obligations as a member of a certain caste (social stratification level) in India. denying those responsibilities is denying th faith and denying the kharma... Howard Cosell: A sports broadcaster Salvador Dali: Surealistic Artist... Darwin: Deveeloped the theory of the survival of the fittest to evolution. Emily Dickinson: Writer, beest friends with Sylvia Plath... her poems are extremeley morbid and gloomy. And she killed herself somewhere in the 30s. Epicurus: Philosopher. Advocated that people do what they do to satisfy their materialistic and sensual delights. (there is a literary term named after him... epicurianism) Ralph Waldo Emerson: Poet. Father of Transcendentalism (somekind of idealism- relience on intuition and conscience) who uses really high level eglish in his poems. Johann von Goethe: Really dramatic German poet Ernest Hemingway: Really morbid, and dramatic American writer... he was influenced by WWI in which he faught in Italy and he is a sexist and alchoholic. (BUT HE ROCKS!) Werner Heisenberg: Physisist. Father of quantum mechanics (the man is a genius) uncertinty principle... David Hume: No Clue I think he is some encient poet from the 1700's but i don't know anything about him. Jack Nicholson: Come on... Jack Nicholson... Pyrrho the Skeptic: Pyrrho of Elea. Greek philosopher- built the school of Skeptical Philosophy. Ronald Reagan: American president in the 1980s... the joke is about the fact that he forgot his lines in a speech John Sununu: A Republican Senator, The cheif of Staff... made some remark that was appearantly a threat to air force bases blah blah blah... dont know exactly what it was... The Sphinx: no clue Mr. T: Mr T vs. Everything Henry David Thoreau: Dont know Mark Twain: Mark twain and his cleverness... Read Huck Finn... that explains everything... Molly Yard: A faminist... there is a picture of her in my government book

Trinity 8 P

More:

Zeno of Elea: Also not a very nice guy... always went against the teeaching of Parmenides... and tried to refute each one of them. Chaucer: Basically invented English... A Middle English scholar... if you understood what he wrote you are very very very educated... Wordsworth: William Wordsworth- A romanticist... pretty much self-explanatory The Godfather: not much more to explain... Keats: English Poet, very important in the Romantic Movement. Blake: Another English Poet...Another romaticist... Othello: Othello envies Iago because of Desdemona. Dr Johnson: No clue. Mrs Thatcher: Or shall we say Prime Minister Thatcher- "The Iron Lady" - first woman to be the british priminister... Very dedicated woman. Supreme Soviet: denied brutal killings of many people and was then presented with censored potographs that refuted the argument. Oscar Wilde: that's his writing style sort of like someone would be mimicking Amos Oz's style. Kafka: he is a very weird person his stories and novels often make no sense and integrate people with objects and animals... (Read The Metamorpheosis) Swift: Don't Know... Macbeth: another Shakespearian character... known...​

CosmikDebris

אה

חחח לא יודע למה עשית את זה, חחח וזה לא ממש מסביר את חצי מהבדיחות שם. סוויפט את בטוח מכירה הוא כתב על מסעות גוליבר ו איי מודסט פרופוסל. מלך. ואוסקר ווילד ועמוס עוז? אני לא רואה הרבה קשר. וניטשה, ניטשה מטורף.

CosmikDebris

אה

David Hume: very extreme emprcisit, if we can't feel it in our senses it doesnt exist. Sphinx: the one who riddles Oedipus Thoureu another philosiphy i think his most famous work is about civil disobedience (yay refusers)

Doctor Evil

רייגן

יש לו עכשיו אלצהיימר, והוא אפילו לא זוכר שהיה נשיא. לזה התכוונו.

נעמצי

../images/Emo13.gif

דווקא נחמד. בהחלט משעשע עכשיו רק נביא את זה לעיתון בית ספר, שגם הנאצים יהנו

Emc2

אינטלקטואלים? פה?

רק לי זה נשמע תמוה?

למעלה