Serenity From Hell
New member
../images/Emo41.gif Angel-Soul Purpose 5X10 ../images/Emo41.gif
MAN AT CLUB A guy like you, whiling away his time in some cheesy downtown strip dive. Look like somebody who's feeling kinda lost. SPIKE Is that right? Funny, thought I knew exactly where I was. (points at the sign over the stage) Place called the Peppermint Stick. (points at the pole dancer) Prima ballerina up there's Sunshine. Though I'm fairly certain that's not her real name.
GUNN We open a can of Machiavelli on his ass. HARMONY (rolls her eyes) It's Matchabelli, Einstein, and it doesn't come in a can. GUNN Is he in? HARMONY Is who in?
ANGEL (flips through the file) Uh-huh... So are we doing this because it's right... or because it's cost-effective? GUNN Uh, well, a little of both actually.
GIRL (stands, incredulous) Thank you! Thank you! That thing was gonna kill me! SPIKE Well, what do you expect? Out alone in this neighborhood? I got half a mind to kill you myself, you half-wit. GIRL What?! SPIKE I mean, honestly, what kind of retard wears heels like that in a dark alley? Take 2 steps, break your bloody ankle. GIRL I was just trying to get home. SPIKE (pushes her shoulder, ushering her down the alley toward a lit street) Well, get a cab, you moron. (calling after her as she walks away) And on the way, if a stranger offers you candy, don't get in the van! (under his breath) Stupid cow.
WESLEY Harmony, I need you to run these to accounting. Tell them it's about the warlock situation. HARMONY I'm not allowed to talk to accounting without Angel's approval. I accidentally authorized a few bath-of-the-month subscriptions. On accident.
ALL Speech, speech, speech, speech! SPIKE (smiling modestly) Well, this is, uh... Thank you, everyone. Um...I don't know what to say. (laughter all around) I'm just a... working-class bloke fulfilling his destiny. It was nothing, really.
FRED Maybe we should call him, check in? HARMONY Act like we care? Good plan! (picks up the phone and dials) It's ringing.