laurie copans
New member
Hello from Germany!
Well, here I am in Germany trying to decide which race to do this weekend, the Paris-Roubaix with 200 kilometers in five stages in two days, or a very muddy, maybe snowy race with LOTS OF ROOTS in Germany. I remember someone said to me, only last Saturday, when it was 35 degrees at Nesher ´You will miss this heat`and they were right! This morning I rode with Ivonne Kraft (I´m staying with her now, the woman who got second at Sdom) at 7 and I put on two pairs of gloves and three layers of shirts and I was still very cold!! So anyway, I´m doing the muddy race, not the stage race. Germany is such a nice place to be now, as an American and an Israeli too. As if the history between Jews and Germany isn´t bad enough, everyone here is talking about how crazy George Bush, making it also hard to be American here. But at least for Pesach I will be in France. I can´t guarantee that I will eat matza the whole time... Anyway, missing you all (especially Ori, Rafi and Gil and Eri, if he reads this) Ciao and Happy riding!! Laurie
Well, here I am in Germany trying to decide which race to do this weekend, the Paris-Roubaix with 200 kilometers in five stages in two days, or a very muddy, maybe snowy race with LOTS OF ROOTS in Germany. I remember someone said to me, only last Saturday, when it was 35 degrees at Nesher ´You will miss this heat`and they were right! This morning I rode with Ivonne Kraft (I´m staying with her now, the woman who got second at Sdom) at 7 and I put on two pairs of gloves and three layers of shirts and I was still very cold!! So anyway, I´m doing the muddy race, not the stage race. Germany is such a nice place to be now, as an American and an Israeli too. As if the history between Jews and Germany isn´t bad enough, everyone here is talking about how crazy George Bush, making it also hard to be American here. But at least for Pesach I will be in France. I can´t guarantee that I will eat matza the whole time... Anyway, missing you all (especially Ori, Rafi and Gil and Eri, if he reads this) Ciao and Happy riding!! Laurie