Canadian getting married to Israeli

נוש22

Canadian getting married to Israeli

I am a Canadian and I am engaged to an Israeli. We are planning on living in Canada after we get married (we might move to Israel in the future). We were wondering what would be the easiest way for him to apply for permanent residence. We are planning on getting married in Canada this summer and then we are going to spend a few months in Israel because I am going to be taking a Hebrew course there. Would it be better for us to apply for PR for my fiance from inside Canada, or should we apply at the Canadian Embassy in Israel? We are trying to find the easiest way for him to get PR as quickly as possible after our marriage and would appreciate any advice you could give us. Would it be possible for him to receive PR while we are in Israel while I am taking my course? How long does the process usually take? As a seperate issue, I am converting to Judaism (conservative) in Canada before our marriage, and was wondering if anyone knows what the process will be if we decide to move to Israel in the future? Will I be able to make Aliyah? or could I get citizenship just from being married to an Israeli? (you can reply to this message in English or in Hebrew as I can get my fiance to translate)

למעלה