well, it's not just the grungers...
is gose more as individuals... I mean, look at the pink floyd, they didn't do drugs for their whole carreir... the kicked out sid RIP for doing druges... but steal, there's this stigma that SEX DRUGS $ ROCKNROLL, allways goes together, which is so not true... unfortunetly, it was thet way for meny rockstars, so that's what makes people think thet SD$R allways go together... and I think thet that's why rockstars doing drugs, becouse they believe thet the world of rock, goes hend and hend with the world of drugs... and it's a fact thet every rockstar (well, most of them) at the begining of his way, doing drugs... but when they realize thet rocknroll dose not have to come with drugs, and thet DRUGS SUCKS, they stop doing it... there are meny rockstars thet realize from the begining thet they can be rockstars without using drugs, and they go for the music only... well I hope you got my point.. sorry for the digging
... gooday