קטעים מהראיון של EM למגזין XXL

LadySnowBlack

קטעים מהראיון של EM למגזין XXL

About Proof's death: When I say I went into a dark place, it feels like I literally crawled into a hole. There where days I'd sit around all day and take pills and try to numb myself. It was almost an excuse for me to take more pills, like I just lost Proof, so it's ok for me to take a couple of pills. I was spiralling out of control with my thoughts, with the drugs, with everything. When I would go into the studio, I kept trying to write songs about him. I think I might have wrote and recorded at least 5 or 6 songs about him. None of them came out the way I wanted them to, and all of them made me depressed. All of them made me go deeper into that hole... Nothing I wrote was good enough for him. Everything was like, self loathing. Did you ever take any personal responsibility for what happened to him? Yeah, I went through that kind of thing as well. I felt like "Well maybe if I would have been with him at the club that night... He knows I was trying to get him to chill out and stop going to the club so much". How much did you react to all the conflicting information that came out immediately following the incident? I got a bunch of conflicting stories, a bunch of conflicting things and none of them ever made sense to me. There were things that I"d heard that they were saying that Proof shot the dude first. It's so not his character to do that. There were other stories that matched what I knew Proof would have did. I had to go through the process in my head of like, regardless of what happened, it happened. It's not gonna bring him back. I don't know if I've accepted it is the right word but I'm dealing with it. Life for me will never be the same.

LadySnowBlack

ועוד

In what way did Proof's death affect your work? There was like a 2 year period where I couldn't write shit. With was was going on and shit. I just couldn't. I was so cluttered in my mind that everything I was writing wasn't worth recording. I'd record it, and I'd get through like half a song and be like I don't like this. I'd get through a song, and the next day I'd be like Nah, that don't sound like me. And then I started going into the studio and trying to freestyle. Like I'd do a line at a time and be like "Stop the tape", and be like "OK I got a line here". You know, kinda like how Jay Z would do it. Obie did a lot of that too. You know so it was almost like I don't know if I was challenging myself to see if I could actually do it or if I was just being lazy with writing because I wasn't feeling what I was actually writing... So it was like, going through the time periods, i could spend more time and feel good about recording music just making beats. But then when I came out of my writer's block, I went into the studio with Dre... My first trip was in Orlando. We had planned the trip for like 2 weeks, and I called him on the phone, and I told him "I don't know man, I might be coming out of this writer's block". And he was like "Uh oh! That's what I want to hear!" I went to Orlando and I think I wrote like 11 songs in the couple of weeks that we were out there. Dre kinda caught fire around the same time that I was comin' out of my thing... Once we started getting that chemistry back, it just went so crazy that I did two albums in like 6 or 7 months. I was literally writing songs faster than I could record them. I'll take a day out to do vocals, and then my voice would be gone for like the next 2 days. So I'll have to rest my voice. So in between those two days that I'm resting my voice, I'm writing 2 or 3 more songs. Before I knew it, we had 2 albums worth of material. Let's talk about your new album. The early material to come out seems like a return to the crazy, twisted, psychopathic stuff you first came out with 10 years ago on The Slim Shady LP. Like a serial killer type theme. There's a lot of stuff on there like that. When I came home from Orlando, out of the blue, just the title Relapse hit me. Just the word stuck in my head... I kinda wanted to go back to what got me here in the first place. I'd asked Dre "What do you think people want to hear from me anymore?" He'd be like "People want to hear you lose your fuckin' mind again". Not only does Relapse mean coming out of rehab, but I wanted to go back to Proof's idea of "Let's just say the most fucked up shit that we can". So I've kinda gone back to that direction.

LadySnowBlack

המשך...

Pictures of you came out last year where it looked like you'd gained a lot of weight. You're back looking real chiseled now. What happened? I gained a bunch of weight in my time off. I got lazy. I was eating a lot, just because the pills make you feel hungry. Then just this past year, I got clean, I got sober, and I started running. I had a knee surgery last year but as soon as I could, I hit the treadmill. So I run every day. The last couple of weeks, I've been up to 10 miles a day. I've been trying to really push myself. Just to see how much I could actually run, but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. At the end of the day, I'm an addict. So I have addictive behavior. So I'm obsessive compulsive about a lot of things. I'm obsessive compulsive about my music. I'm obsessive compulsive about working out. I can't do nothing in moderation. You'd think that the the signs like all the addiction runs in my family, I would have been a little more hip to that. But I just... I guess I wasn't. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- With all the hype surrounding your comeback and with the terrible state of the record business, the hip hop business in particular, do you feel like you're coming back to save your label, or hip hop as a genre, or even the music industry as a whole? I don't know if I feel like I'm coming back to save anything like that. I mean obviously,if I can you know save the label and help generate more money for that, that's great too. But the truth is, i get bored just sitting around. I'm ready to be back out there. I love to be respected for the music that I make and that's what I'm in it for. The beautiful thing about this record is, I don't expect it to do anything... Money is not necessarily something that I need anymore, so I'm doing it because I want to do it. I'm doing it because I want people to hear the music and like the music.. if people like it, cool. If they don't they, don't. I certainly would like the benefits of what would come with it. If it could help generate more money for the label then that's good. But at the end of the day, it's just about the music. In the new issue of XXL, Marshall addresses the Asher Roth comparisons. "Asher Roth, I haven't had a chance to, like, really get into everything, like, really get into what he's about, because I've only hear a couple songs. There was talk about people saying he sounded like me, and he was doing this and that and, you know, trying to take what I do and do it. You know, shit like that. I've heard things. But the stuff that I've heard from him honestly, which certainly isn't enough for me to make my own opinion and say, 'Yeah, he does sound like me' or 'No, he doesn't.' But the couple of songs I've head, I don't really think he does. You know what I mean? He's doing his own thing. I can respect it, too, because at the end of the day, I think he's dope." When did you know that it was time for you to go to rehab? There were a bunch of moments where I felt like, I want to do it, I want to do it. Ah, maybe now is not the time. Maybe I'll just do this for a little longer. I started realizing like I took a break from the spotlight and I felt like I wanted to be with my family and spend more time with my kids and stuff like that. But the whole time, I'm walking around the house high most of the time. So I'm missing out on the best parts of their lives. There were several moments. And it got to the point where the guilt that I started feeling inside for doing the shit... I wasn't fooling anybody but myself. I had to come to that realization. At the time, I'm 35 years old, how long am I going to keep doing this? I felt like I needed to grow up, and if I didn't grow up, it was like now or never. Besides Dre, you've been working with 50 Cent again too. How is your relationship with 50? He's going through this whole battle with Rick Ross, with this Pimpin' Curly stuff. how do you view all of it? Mine and 50's relationship has always been the same. It's always been good. If anything, we've gotten closer in the last few years. 50 will just come to my house and stay the night. Stay the weekend in one of the bedrooms and just hang out. And we talk about shit. I mean a lot of our talk is about music you know. But we just - we talk about shit and we just make jokes and hang out. It doesn't always have to be about business. You know, he's going through this Rick Ross thing which is kinda his thing. I guess, you know, at the moment, it's just let 50 do 50. I think that the Pimpin' Curly shit is fuckin' hilarious though. I'm sorry, to me that's when 50's at his best. When he's doing the funny shit. In real life, 50's a fuckin' clown man. He's actually a really funny dude.

LadySnowBlack

קטע אחרון חביב...

Where have you been? It seems like a whole generation of hip hop has gone in the time that you've been away. Yeah, well there were a few things that played into that factor. First of all, I went for seven years straight and never took a break. It got to the point where I felt like I needed to pull back. After the last tour, Anger Management 3, as everybody knows, I went into rehab for a drug problem that honestly, didn't get better when I went into rehab. I wasn't ready to go into rehab. I felt that at the time, everyone else was ready for me to go. And I wasn't ready. You weren't mentally ready? I wasn't ready mentally. I wasn't ready to give up the drugs. I didn't really think I had a problem. Basically I went in, and I came out. I relapsed, and I spent the next 3 years struggling with it. Also, at that time I felt like I wanted to pull bac, because my drug problem had got so bad. I felt like, maybe if I took a take a break, maybe this will help. I started to get into the producer role more... I can still be out there with my music like with the Re-Up album, but I don't have to be in the spotlight the whole time. What types of drugs were you taking? Ever since the beginning of my career I dabbled in Vicodin, Valium, Ambien. It was kind of like a recreational thing that for some reason, when it first started out, like ecstasy and shit like that, I was able to do it and step away from it. Drinking I was able to do it and step away from it. But slowly it started progressing. For a while, there were like four to six months where I struggled with ecstasy. I had found myself taking it before every show

STEMINEM

רשימת השירים של Relapse !!

01) Dr. West (Skit) 01:29 02) 3am 05:20 03) My Mom 05:20 04) Insane 03:01 05) Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43 06) Hello 04:08 07) Tonya (Skit) 00:43 08) Same Song & Dance 04:08 09) We Made You 04:30 10) Medicine Ball 03:57 11) Paul (Skit) 00:19 12) Stay Wide Awake 05:20 13) Old Time’s Sake f. Dr. Dre 04:35 14) Must Be The Ganja 04:03 15) Mr. Mathers 00:42 16) Deja Vu 04:43 17) Beautiful 06:32 18) Crack A Bottle f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58 19) Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29 20) Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19 http://www.rapradar.com/true-story/eminems-relapse-tracklist-confirmed.html ושני הסינגלים הבאים הם: (May 5 - Old Time's Sake (Ft. Dr. Dre May 12 - Beautiful

Under the GUN

כל מה שיש לי להגיד על זה

סטיב ברמן חוזר

galileho

../images/Emo45.gif

אני היחידה שעוד שנייה משתינה מרוב התרגשות?

Under the GUN

כן

אני חושב שאני אפילו לא אתרגש כשאני אקנה את הדיסק... לא יודע, אמינם זה כבר לא כמו פעם...

למעלה