משהו מעניין שמצאתי בפורום של MAIM

ariegur

משהו מעניין שמצאתי בפורום של MAIM

העתקתי ללא התגובות: אריה Hi Everyone, I have finally received and installed a PS Audio P 500 regenerator in my system. This is a relatively new component in the range from PS Audio. There have been comments in the past regarding the P300 that it has replaced. The new unit has a number of significant differences over its predecessors. As I understand it, a regenerator is a type of power amplifier that produces a steady signal (at say 50Hz) with an amplitude that reflects the required voltage (say 240V). This is an alternate to the filters that are available on the market to try and sort out mains problems, together with the dedicated spurs etc. The unit, in its UK setup, features three regenerated supplies for source components, and a separate filtered outlet (using their Ultimate Outlet technology) for power amps or other larger current demands. The regenerated supplies feature up to 500 Watts of power delivery with a number of other options for tweaking. Firstly, the signal that the unit produces can be varied from a pure sine wave. PS Audio have developed MultiWave II that modifies the shape of the wave form to suit or enhance the performance of particular equipment. There are a number of wave form options, but as an example, MultiWave 1 takes a single 60Hz sine wave, and adds a small amount of 3rd harmonic sine waves to form a single partial square wave. PS Adio say this improves the ability of the audio equipment to charge capacitors by extending the time available to "top off" the capacitors voltage. There are 4 MultiWaves, along with a Tube Wave (for valve equipment), a pure sine wave, and AutoWave. This last setting automatically selects different MultiWaves, depending on the dynamics of the power load. This selection is made continuously as the power factor changes. MultiWave is all well and good for my SuperCap and XPS. However, the motor on the LP 12 did not like it at all but was superb with the Sine setting. The unit allows for modifications in the Voltage from 220V to 250 V. This is a very interesting tweak to play with and I have not yet arrived at a final prefered setting as the best voltage seems to vary depending on the type of music. It is also possible to modify the frequency from 50Hz up to 120Hz, allowing the Armageddon to play 45 rpm records (not that I have any). The use of the unit has so far been one of those great experiences of reaching for more and more old favourites to explore this units capabilities. It ahs certainly scored in terms of quieting down the transformers in the SuperCap and XPS. But the equipment now produces music in a beguiling way that I had not previously heard. New information is there. Musical notes stop and start in a distinct manner. Low level background sounds are more discrete. Dynamic range is stupendous. In the past, I have fitted a dedicated spur, a dedicated ring main and tried a Russ Andrews SuperPurifier. None of these managed to sort out the problems with mains borne garbage that we suffer from here. However, the differences with this new solution are quite dramatic. Now the bad news. In UK, the PS Audio distributor is Ultimate Sonics. They are astoundingly unhelpful. In the USA, a UK configured P 500 (230V with UK style sockets and mains lead) costs US$2499. In UK its GBP2400. With the current exchange rates the prices are very naughty. A US configured P500 is US$1999 on the web. My order, through Audio Outlet, has taken nearly three months to sort out. They sent a European configured unit first time around, then got stuck with production issues at PS Audio. However, the wait was worth it. The transformers are silent and the music is brilliant. I will report further went I can advise more on the tweaks to wave form, frequency and Voltage. Seasons greetings to all! David

MartinHSabag

איך הצליל של MAIM ?

בטח שקוף, צלול ונוזלי ....

MartinHSabag

פשוט

את ה"דבש שנשפך מהרמקולים" של גנאדי, אתה מבין ? אז זה אותו דבר רק פחות סמיך.....

ariegur

אני לא אוהב את התיאורים האלה

ואף פעם לא מבין אותם. אבל הפריט עליו מדובר לא מיוצר על ידי NAIM. אריה

למעלה