מספר מאמרים על שאניה:)))))))) 1

sharabigfan

New member
מספר מאמרים על שאניה:)))))))) 1

The Tour is the thing "It's daunting. It's very tiring. At the end of these three weeks, I'm going to be exhausted and the tour's just going to be started," says the 38-year-old Twain, curled rather fetchingly into an armchair in sweats and black ball cap while an enormous German shepherd named Tim sprawls nearby. "We're all very excited. It's like building a house. It's fun, and I've been very involved in the whole process."...The immodest UP! road show — featuring production design by Mark Fisher, the man responsible for the sets on the last few Rolling Stones tours and U2's Elevation extravaganza — kicked off in the Hammer on Sept. 25 and arrives in Toronto for a sold-out run at the Air Canada Centre tonight and tomorrow......"The fans know what they like, and that's all that matters to me. That's who I'm trying to please. I want to please the fans. That's my goal. If you're gonna throw a party, you want people to go home and say: `That was a great party. The food was great, the atmosphere was great, the host was great.' Then you feel like you've gone through the effort for a reason. The more people who enjoy it, the better you feel, the more rewarding it is."....A control freak? I think I am, probably," she agrees. "I'm a typical leader type. I'm a hard worker ... I'm a multi-task person. I do it all. You just learn to function like that. I'm never not creative. I just say, `Well, this month I'm working on the stage design, so I'm not doing anything else.' I'm involved in everything — that's the thing. I don't just say, `Design me a stage and I'll just show up.' I have to be involved."
 

sharabigfan

New member
2

Shania takes on her critics ..."How can you not look at it like that? I can't even imagine looking at it any other way. If I just wanted to make music so no one would hear it, not caring who liked it or who didn't, I wouldn't bother recording it, would I? Why release it? Why have a record deal? Just sing in your bedroom, stay in your basement. Where's the integrity in that? "I think that's the biggest problem a lot of critics have with artists who get really big — they just don't see any credibility there. But what's not credible about that? Tell the guy who proposed to his girlfriend to your song that there's nothing credible about it. Tell the little girl who's dying of cancer that Shania Twain is not credible. It's so ridiculous. People live their lives with your music and that's what I've always wanted: Real people to listen to and enjoy the music that stands for me." WAY TO GO SHANIA!!!!!!!
 

sharabigfan

New member
3

The Mom In Me [Toronto Star]: Shania says family comes first: I'd quit before I'd abandon my parental responsibilities," she says. "Anyone would say that. I would never compromise my parenting for my career. Ever. And that's why I decided to become a parent later in life. But it's working out great — I don't feel like anything's being compromised. I'm enjoying both ... "He (Eja) has been around for all the promo and stuff. We've been traveling all these months. We've been on the road for a whole year. There's more of a pattern to touring than there is to regular promotional travel, so it's actually going to be easier." Although the UP! tour will extend almost to the end of 2004, Twain is already gearing up for the creative renewal that comes with a change of pace. Writing for a new album could commence on the road, she says, and touring will likely be followed by another extended period of hibernation while she focuses first on being a mom, then once again on something to keep the masses happy. "I enjoy the break from the stage, actually," says Twain. "It's something I like going in and out of, and I think I appreciate it more and I enjoy it more because I do step out of it. I've done that twice now. I didn't tour at all during The Woman In Me — I stayed completely off the road during that time — and now again, I've had a break between these two albums. And I like that, I like pacing myself. "I'm not an adoration junkie, either. I don't need my fix. I think a lot of people see it as their fix, their fix of adoration, and I don't need that. I just see it differently. I enjoy it. It's like a party, so when I get into `party' mode I enjoy that for as long as it lasts, and when it's over, I'm cool."
 
למעלה