הקטע- קצת ארוך...
Kate: "I feel like such an idiot." Angel: "A lot of that going around." Kate: "I just couldn´t... - My whole life has been about being a cop. If I´m not part of the force it´s like nothing I do means anything." Angel, still looking pretty beat up: "It doesn´t." Kate: "Doesn´t what?" Angel: "Mean anything. In the greater scheme or the big picture, nothing we do matters. There´s no grand plan, no big win." Kate: "You seem kind of chipper about that." Angel: "Well, I guess I kinda - worked it out. If there is no great glorious end to all this, if - nothing we do matters, - then all that matters is what we do. ´cause that´s all there is. What we do, now, today. - I fought for so long. For redemption, for a reward - finally just to beat the other guy, but... I never got it." Kate: "And now you do?" Angel: "Not all of it. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because - I don´t think people should suffer, as they do. Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness - is the greatest thing in the world." Kate: "Yikes. It sounds like you had an epiphany." Angel: "I keep saying that. But nobody´s listening." Kate: "Well, I´m pretty much convinced, since I´m alive to be convinced." Angel: "You know you don´t have to be a cop to be..." Kate: "I´m okay. - Anyway, I´m *not* headed towards another pillathon. - I´m very grateful. - I never thought you´d come for me, but... I got cut a huge break and I believe... - I don´t know what I believe, but I - have - faith. - I think maybe we´re not alone in this." Angel: "Why?" Kate: "Because I never invited you in."