Last titan in service- London

מצב
הנושא נעול.

yblumann

RCL on route 403

תמונות? תמיד...
RCL on route 403
Those were the coach version of the RML [long RM] that were built for use on long distance Green Line and Country services. There were 43 of those, now all withdrawn. Here is one of them on route 403. If you are in Lodnon on 29/8- the last day of crew operation of the 15, there is a good chance to see RCL2251 on the route!

alantan

יורם, כדאי לציין גם שבהונג קונג,

HK: 12m Dragon 3 doors
Here is a typical example of bus operation in Hong Kong which is owe-inspiring: 12m long Dennis dragon with 3 doors- one for entry, 2 for exit. regards Yoram
נסיעה באוטובוסים הנ"ל עולה פחות מחצי מחיר לעומת נסיעה באותו הקו עם מיזוג אויר. מנסיון, כשגרתי שם תמיד קיוויתי שלא יגיע אוטובוס ללא מיזוג - בלחות של HK, זה פשוט סיוט לנסוע בדניסים האלה!

yblumann

HK bus fares-

נסיעה באוטובוסים הנ"ל עולה פחות מחצי מחיר לעומת נסיעה באותו הקו עם מיזוג אויר. מנסיון, כשגרתי שם תמיד קיוויתי שלא יגיע אוטובוס ללא מיזוג - בלחות של HK, זה פשוט סיוט לנסוע בדניסים האלה!
HK bus fares-
Alan, The non air cond buses are called 'hotdogs'. They are on their way out now; On HK Island, NWFB and Citybus have none in service, and KMB are getting rid of them too. Bear in mind that the newest Dragons and Volvo Olympians are from 1994. As in Singapore, the fares for travelling on hotdogs is less than air cond, but, the gap is about 25%, and the gap had to be narrowed because of customer pressure. HK is really different as it is one of the few 'first world' economies where bus operation is profitable and does not require any financial support from the govn't. If anyone wants more info about HK and bus operation, pls send me a seperate mail to: [email protected] . When where you in HK and for how long? Regards Yoram

alantan

עלויות תפעול בהונג קונג וסינגפור

HK bus fares-
Alan, The non air cond buses are called 'hotdogs'. They are on their way out now; On HK Island, NWFB and Citybus have none in service, and KMB are getting rid of them too. Bear in mind that the newest Dragons and Volvo Olympians are from 1994. As in Singapore, the fares for travelling on hotdogs is less than air cond, but, the gap is about 25%, and the gap had to be narrowed because of customer pressure. HK is really different as it is one of the few 'first world' economies where bus operation is profitable and does not require any financial support from the govn't. If anyone wants more info about HK and bus operation, pls send me a seperate mail to: [email protected] . When where you in HK and for how long? Regards Yoram
קווי התח"צ של הונג קונג וסינגפור הם רווחיים, אבל מעטים המקומות בעולם בהם הצפיפות של האוכלוסיה והאיזורים הבנויים גבוהה כל כך. מצד שני, נדמה לי שבהונג קונג לפחות, עלויות כח האדם נמוכות מאוד לק"מ נסועה. גם המוניות בהונג קונג מאוד זולות בקנה מידה מערבי. מעניין שהקטינו את ההפרש במחיר בין ממוזג ללא-ממוזג - כנראה שהסינים התנגדו להפרשים הגבוהים, כי מבחינה כלכלית ההפרש היה כנראה מוצדק - האוטובוסים ללא מיזוג היו תמיד מלאים עד אפס מקום, והממוזגים היו ריקים. גרתי ב-HK בשנת 95', אבל רק במשך חצי שנה. זאת הייתה חוויה נפלאה, ואני רק מצטער שלא זכיתי להנות מנמל התעופה החדש בצ'פ לאפ קוק ולנסוע לשם ברכבת. אגב, האם Rick's Cafe ו-Mad Dogs עוד קיימים?

yblumann

Hong Kong

קווי התח"צ של הונג קונג וסינגפור הם רווחיים, אבל מעטים המקומות בעולם בהם הצפיפות של האוכלוסיה והאיזורים הבנויים גבוהה כל כך. מצד שני, נדמה לי שבהונג קונג לפחות, עלויות כח האדם נמוכות מאוד לק"מ נסועה. גם המוניות בהונג קונג מאוד זולות בקנה מידה מערבי. מעניין שהקטינו את ההפרש במחיר בין ממוזג ללא-ממוזג - כנראה שהסינים התנגדו להפרשים הגבוהים, כי מבחינה כלכלית ההפרש היה כנראה מוצדק - האוטובוסים ללא מיזוג היו תמיד מלאים עד אפס מקום, והממוזגים היו ריקים. גרתי ב-HK בשנת 95', אבל רק במשך חצי שנה. זאת הייתה חוויה נפלאה, ואני רק מצטער שלא זכיתי להנות מנמל התעופה החדש בצ'פ לאפ קוק ולנסוע לשם ברכבת. אגב, האם Rick's Cafe ו-Mad Dogs עוד קיימים?
Hong Kong
Yes Alan, when I visited HK in March those places still exist! In HK and Sing there was a deliberate government policy to build new estates. more in HK than in Sing, it required long term planning and decent public transport. You should see sometimes peak hour traffic on buses in a place like Teun Mun. Icounted at least 200 buses leaving the estate. anyway, , since 1995 most of the buses now are air cond, where in 1995 there were only a few of them. [the first ones entered service in 1990]. Regards Yoram.

alantan

ועוד ב"תואן מון" יש רכבת קלה בנוסף!

Hong Kong
Yes Alan, when I visited HK in March those places still exist! In HK and Sing there was a deliberate government policy to build new estates. more in HK than in Sing, it required long term planning and decent public transport. You should see sometimes peak hour traffic on buses in a place like Teun Mun. Icounted at least 200 buses leaving the estate. anyway, , since 1995 most of the buses now are air cond, where in 1995 there were only a few of them. [the first ones entered service in 1990]. Regards Yoram.

yblumann

Tuen Mun new rail

Tuen Mun new rail
Alan, later this year West Rail to the new territories opens. If you want to see the details, have a look at www.kcrc.co.hk and West Rail. A very impressive civic engineering project, it is virtually complete, and I have already taken some photos of it. looking fwd to a ride on it when I visit HK again in Feb 2004. Regards Yoram.

omersi

הרכת המהירה משדה התעופה החדש

Tuen Mun new rail
Alan, later this year West Rail to the new territories opens. If you want to see the details, have a look at www.kcrc.co.hk and West Rail. A very impressive civic engineering project, it is virtually complete, and I have already taken some photos of it. looking fwd to a ride on it when I visit HK again in Feb 2004. Regards Yoram.
אחד הדברים המהנים ביות ב HK הוא הרכבת המהירה- 140 קמ"ש מנה"ת לעיר- ממש ל CENTRAL. כאשר גרתי בטיוואן והייתי מגיע לHK הדרך היחידה לצאת מנה"ת הייתה רק ברכבת הזו- מושבים *****, מסך טלוויזיה אינטראקטיבי אישי, מקום בשפע ודיילת מארחת שעוברת בין המושבים ומוודאת שהכל בסדר... איזה פינוק. 18 ד' ואתה בעיר!!! (לעומת שעה ויותר באוטובוס). נ.ב. חבל שלא זכיתי לנחות בנה"ת הישן!

yblumann

HK Airport Exp- what about Israel?

אחד הדברים המהנים ביות ב HK הוא הרכבת המהירה- 140 קמ"ש מנה"ת לעיר- ממש ל CENTRAL. כאשר גרתי בטיוואן והייתי מגיע לHK הדרך היחידה לצאת מנה"ת הייתה רק ברכבת הזו- מושבים *****, מסך טלוויזיה אינטראקטיבי אישי, מקום בשפע ודיילת מארחת שעוברת בין המושבים ומוודאת שהכל בסדר... איזה פינוק. 18 ד' ואתה בעיר!!! (לעומת שעה ויותר באוטובוס). נ.ב. חבל שלא זכיתי לנחות בנה"ת הישן!
Hello, It would be a good idea to detail some of the features of the system , so you compare the HK operation to the Israeli service to the airport- once it's open! The airport line has it's own dedicated tracks and where it stops, it's own dedicated platforms, enabling cross the platform interchange with other lines. It has it's own trains, with better seats and interactive TV [same as the Heathrow Express]. You can check in your luggage ahead of your flight up to 24 hours before the flight. but see ticketing and prices below. There is s shuttle service between stations and various hotels. The train does not run non stop- it collects passangers from HK island, Kowloon, Kai Lung and there is a new station for interchange with West Rail coming from the new territories- due to open later this year. Ticketing and prices: the $ prices I quote are all in HK S, and 1USD=HKD7.80 A single ride costs $70. To check your luggage, you need to 'pass through the gates', where the $70 fare is deducted from your electonic card- the octupus- OR you need to validate your single trip card. Then you check in, pass again through the gate, and you have 24 hours to use the service to the airport- from ANY point of the rail system in HK. Competition and other means of travelling. The airport buses [the A and E routes] cost half the price max. It is also more scenic and more convenient, as you do not have to negotiate the enormous rail platforms and the interchages in order to get to your final destination. Instead, walk out of the arrival hall, down the ramp to the bus stn, and with a max wait of 10minutes, you are already riding on the upper deck of a bus with coach seats that go through supurb scenary and some of the best bus rides in HK, and beleive you me, there is no better introdcution to HK! it passes through those wonderful supsension bridges, islands , highways, tunnels [if you end up staying in HK Island] and high streets, and usually deposits you outside your hotel. So why pay $70 and get there at the same time as your bus ride for 35 I stay in Mong Kok [great for buses. I get on the A21, 6 stops later and 40 minutes later I am outside my chosen hotel.? The real issue is that the rail system is great once you get to it, but, you need to get to a station in the first case. The bus network can serve a far more extensive range of hotels+ facilities. . Does anyone know what sort of service is planned by Israel Rail to the airport and how that service would be connected to tourist destinations? Regards Yoram.

alantan

לא מתוכנן שירות ייעודי

Hello, It would be a good idea to detail some of the features of the system , so you compare the HK operation to the Israeli service to the airport- once it's open! The airport line has it's own dedicated tracks and where it stops, it's own dedicated platforms, enabling cross the platform interchange with other lines. It has it's own trains, with better seats and interactive TV [same as the Heathrow Express]. You can check in your luggage ahead of your flight up to 24 hours before the flight. but see ticketing and prices below. There is s shuttle service between stations and various hotels. The train does not run non stop- it collects passangers from HK island, Kowloon, Kai Lung and there is a new station for interchange with West Rail coming from the new territories- due to open later this year. Ticketing and prices: the $ prices I quote are all in HK S, and 1USD=HKD7.80 A single ride costs $70. To check your luggage, you need to 'pass through the gates', where the $70 fare is deducted from your electonic card- the octupus- OR you need to validate your single trip card. Then you check in, pass again through the gate, and you have 24 hours to use the service to the airport- from ANY point of the rail system in HK. Competition and other means of travelling. The airport buses [the A and E routes] cost half the price max. It is also more scenic and more convenient, as you do not have to negotiate the enormous rail platforms and the interchages in order to get to your final destination. Instead, walk out of the arrival hall, down the ramp to the bus stn, and with a max wait of 10minutes, you are already riding on the upper deck of a bus with coach seats that go through supurb scenary and some of the best bus rides in HK, and beleive you me, there is no better introdcution to HK! it passes through those wonderful supsension bridges, islands , highways, tunnels [if you end up staying in HK Island] and high streets, and usually deposits you outside your hotel. So why pay $70 and get there at the same time as your bus ride for 35 I stay in Mong Kok [great for buses. I get on the A21, 6 stops later and 40 minutes later I am outside my chosen hotel.? The real issue is that the rail system is great once you get to it, but, you need to get to a station in the first case. The bus network can serve a far more extensive range of hotels+ facilities. . Does anyone know what sort of service is planned by Israel Rail to the airport and how that service would be connected to tourist destinations? Regards Yoram.
לא מתוכנן שירות ייעודי
השירות לנתב"ג מתוכנן כשירות רכבות בינעירוני רגיל, כחלק מהקו המהיר העתידי לירושלים/מודיעין. כרגע אין תכניות להפעלת רכבות מיוחדות לנתב"ג בלבד עם ערך מוסף (כגון דיילות, מסכי טלויזיה) וכדומה. שירות זה אינו גרוע כלל וכלל, והוא מקובל באירופה (לדוגמא בג'נבה, ציריך, אמסטרדם ופרנקפורט). מכיוון שהוא מאפשר לנוסע להגיע למגוון יעדים בארץ בלי לעשות מעבר. לעומת זאת בשירות ייעודי (דוגמת HEATHROW EXPRESS) בדרך כלל הנוסע מגיע לתחנה או מספר מצומצם של תחנות. יתכן (השערה שלי) שתגבה אגרה של רשות שדות התעופה שתתווסף לכרטיס מנוסעים מ/אל תחנת נתב"ג בדומה למקובל בנמלי תעופה בעולם.

עצוב מאוד ! הרי הם לונדון בהתגלמותה

The demise of the routemaster
It is sad to report that the routemaster is on it's way out. There are several reasons to it, but, essentially it fell out of . favour. The routes are converted as they come up for renewal. So, the first route to see them go is route 15- Fri 29/8 is their last day on the route. Then routes 11 [30/10] 23 [mid nov 2003] and routes 6 98 94 in early 2004. In Total it comes to over 150 scheduled buses. There are exactly 400 routemaster scheduled duties remaining: route 73 with 55 buses, route 38 with 50 buses and the lesser routes : 12 14 22 137 159 390[the last new route] 7 13 19. I can not simply imagine a London without them. Regards Yoram.
עצוב מאוד ! הרי הם לונדון בהתגלמותה

alantan

ה-RM לא הייתה מתהפכת במעלה סדום!

The demise of the routemaster
It is sad to report that the routemaster is on it's way out. There are several reasons to it, but, essentially it fell out of . favour. The routes are converted as they come up for renewal. So, the first route to see them go is route 15- Fri 29/8 is their last day on the route. Then routes 11 [30/10] 23 [mid nov 2003] and routes 6 98 94 in early 2004. In Total it comes to over 150 scheduled buses. There are exactly 400 routemaster scheduled duties remaining: route 73 with 55 buses, route 38 with 50 buses and the lesser routes : 12 14 22 137 159 390[the last new route] 7 13 19. I can not simply imagine a London without them. Regards Yoram.
ה-RM לא הייתה מתהפכת במעלה סדום!
אם אגד היו משתמשתים בגרסה הבינעירונית (COACH) של ה-RM, היא לא הייתה מתהפכת, אבל אולי היא גם לא הייתה סוחבת את העלייה... זכויות יוצרים על פרסום התמונה: Routemasters Remembered © Alan Jones 2003

מצב
הנושא נעול.
למעלה