הודעה מדארן...
Why I don't encourage street team activity or organized voting/requesting. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I just wanted to explain why I've taken the stance to discourage my audience form participating in organized street team activity or organized voting/requesting. It is not because I don't love and appreciate your desire to see me win. I think the intention is beautiful. But over the last five years, I think that the industry has become overloaded with hype : and it's hard to tell what excitement is real and what is record company bulls*%t. My audience have always been smarter than the record companies give them credit. We had an online community ten years ago before the men in suits even knew what the internet was! You've always been incredibly supportive and hated to be condescended to. And that's why I respect you. These days, I want to distance myself and my music from anything that could be perceived as hyped or insincere. If people talk about my music, I want it to be because they like it, and not because they think I've sent an army out there to nag radio, press or t.v about me. Let me make this clear: I know you guys don't do that. But I don't want us to be confused with those who do. So that's why I discourage organized voting. Not because I don't love and appreciate the sentiment. But because it doesn't necessarily work for me and what I believe in. lots of love.. xD __________________ ...the glimmer of good in a bad man's eye
Why I don't encourage street team activity or organized voting/requesting. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I just wanted to explain why I've taken the stance to discourage my audience form participating in organized street team activity or organized voting/requesting. It is not because I don't love and appreciate your desire to see me win. I think the intention is beautiful. But over the last five years, I think that the industry has become overloaded with hype : and it's hard to tell what excitement is real and what is record company bulls*%t. My audience have always been smarter than the record companies give them credit. We had an online community ten years ago before the men in suits even knew what the internet was! You've always been incredibly supportive and hated to be condescended to. And that's why I respect you. These days, I want to distance myself and my music from anything that could be perceived as hyped or insincere. If people talk about my music, I want it to be because they like it, and not because they think I've sent an army out there to nag radio, press or t.v about me. Let me make this clear: I know you guys don't do that. But I don't want us to be confused with those who do. So that's why I discourage organized voting. Not because I don't love and appreciate the sentiment. But because it doesn't necessarily work for me and what I believe in. lots of love.. xD __________________ ...the glimmer of good in a bad man's eye