yet another AMEX question

TheReverend

yet another AMEX question

it's time to do my AMEX transfer and i read all about it in the articles. my question is when i do the transfer, can i choose the card? if i have gold corporate card, can i ask for the same after the transfer? what card would you recommend?​

dz108

אין גלובל טרנספר לכרטיסי ביזנס או CORP.

כלומר - אם הכרטיס היחידי שיש לך הוא ביזנס, לא תוכל לעשות את הטרנספר. אמקס גלובל טרנספר תופס רק ללקוחות עם כרטיסים פרטיים. בנוסף לעובדה שזה כתוב באתר שלהם, לי היו שני כרטיסים (פרטי וביזנס) - והם אמרו לי שהביזנס לא מעניין אותם ולקחו את הפרטים של הפרטי.

TheReverend

the card is personal it only has

the Technion alumni symbole on it with the benefits of business (and it's gold ofcourse)​

ilanvag

בארץ, כרטיס "זהב" הוא יעני פונקציה של סטטוס.

במלים אחרות - הבנקים התחילו לפני שנים לחלק כרטיסי זהב, כדי שאפשר יהיה לעשות עוונטות על חברים/שכנים. כיום, הם מחלקים לכל העולם ואשתו כרטיס זהב, וזה כבר מזמן לא סמל סטטוס (ואפילו כרטיסי פלטינום כבר ממש לא בעיה לקבל בישראל). בארה"ב, סביר שכרטיס זהב שכזה יעלה לך הרבה מאוד כסף, ובכלל לא ברור מה הוא ייתן לך. (ולא, הוא לא יעשה רושם על אף אחד). מצטרף להמלצה של רנשה על כרטיס Blue Cash, שנותן לך החזר כספי בסוף השנה (אחוזים מהקניות שביצעת).

TheReverend

blue cash VS clear

anyone has an opinion about thos two? it looks like the "clear" has better interest rates and "no fees of any kind" but only 1% cashback and the "blue cash" has higher interest rates, only the annual fee is waived but the cash back precent is better? anyone?​

mike76tlv

If you don't use credit

you get the best interest rate - zero. (i.e pay your credit card bill on time every month)

TheReverend

that is true BUT

in the first year or so, you want to rollover about 20% of your balance to create a better credit score.​

mike76tlv

You'd want to use about 20% of your

credit limit and pay it After the statement date but BEFORE the due date (also called the GRACE PERIOD). You're not paying interest for any amount payed before the due date. You don't have to rollover any amounts past the grace period in order to establish a good credit score. Bottom line: one should be able to establish good credit score without paying anything for it PS - an american corporate AmEx is not part of your credit report and does not contribute to your score​

TheReverend

and about the status

it's not that. the gold cards have benefits like better conversion rates, paying 60 days after an outside of IL transactions and more.​

ilanvag

איזה כרטיס זהב נתן לך תשלום אחרי 60 יום?

היו לי (ועדיין יש) כמה וכמה כאלה, ישראלים, ובאף כרטיס לא קיבלתי תנאים כאלה. אולי אני צריך לשלוח מכתב תלונה לבנק / חברת האשראי בישראל ?

למעלה