what's the different?

dorb800

what's the different?

hello everybody! I was wondering what is the different between the accents of the people who live in the USA... I heard that the Yankis talk "other English", not like the people who live in Kalifornia. If you'll ask why I so interested in this subject, that because i'm going to fly to USA in this September!!! And I'm going to travel in the west and east of he country. can someone send me a map of America? I'm not an expert in the geography status of America at all. By the way, in the way to America i'll stop in london for a few hours (waiting for mp plane). I think it will be funny to listen to the delicate-British accent and Hops! Here I am in the USA, listening to the same English, but a whole new accent.

ArieIO5

Hi

As you said, there are many different kinds of American accent, and some of the more distinguishable ones include the New York accent and the southern accent. Since you're going to do a coast-to-coast trip, there's no point describing the difference between the accents, because you'll hear it yourself. Until then, here's a link you might find interesting. You can find a map of America very easily on the web. Try searching Google for "USA map" or something similar. Try doing an image search if you want quicker results. Have fun!​

dorb800

thank you

It helped me to understand the accent idea. there is a silly text wich people read and you can notice the huge different between the accents. Which one of the Englsih accents would you like to speak? My favourite is the Brithis one, but not like the north-English-speakees. their accent is to much for me. I cant understand any word which goes out of their mouth. The Scottish speak the same English of the north Britain English? Perhaps they have their own language.... Anyway, my feeling about the Israelis English isn't good, I mean, look at us- our English in comparison to other people in the world is terrible! We learn the American English at school, and we barely speak English at class. The goverment only care about learning grammer. That's why I take part in this forum. my target is to find other ways to teach myself English. I hope that there is a chance for me (a ninth grader), to save my english, and to answear by talking to someone other things except to: "Yes", "Ok", "my name is Dor and i live in Israel" XDD.

למעלה