The deed is done !

מצב
הנושא נעול.

Ccyclist

The deed is done !

The deed is done !
In English as I'm on my phone...

A few months back I took up driving lessons due to bad public transport in my area, I can now inform you all that I have PASSED my 1ST test, and have a UK Automatic license.

When I get back to my laptop in Spain next week I'll compose my poison-pen goodbye letter to the local train company, and state the conditions under which I'd consider using their services again, namely a half hourly service which allows me to get home at midnight.

Consider this my unilateral declaration of independence from them (hence the Rhodesia U.D.I. flag)

And now I have to insure myself as a 2nd driver on our non VW, non Trabant German car...

בועז ל

מגיע לך שי קטן לזיהוי ממני.

The deed is done !

A few months back I took up driving lessons due to bad public transport in my area, I can now inform you all that I have PASSED my 1ST test, and have a UK Automatic license.

When I get back to my laptop in Spain next week I'll compose my poison-pen goodbye letter to the local train company, and state the conditions under which I'd consider using their services again, namely a half hourly service which allows me to get home at midnight.

Consider this my unilateral declaration of independence from them (hence the Rhodesia U.D.I. flag)

And now I have to insure myself as a 2nd driver on our non VW, non Trabant German car...
מגיע לך שי קטן לזיהוי ממני.
נראה מי יהיה הראשון שיזהה את המקום.

פי פה פה!

שלילי. האתר המצולם הוא חלק ממערכת הפירים
של ה"חנוכייה" המזרחית בתחנת האומה. מי שמכיר את תרשים העזר שפרסמתי, מוזמן להעיף מבט במבנים 17 ו-23 שבתרשים.
פי פה פה!
היה קשה לי לדמיין שמערכת האיוורור בעלת קטרים כל כך גדולים

Ccyclist

alantan

מזל טוב! בהצלחה בנהיגה וזהירות מהספרדים...

The deed is done !

Ccyclist

Thanks, though it was a UK test

Costa roads are actually better as they were all set up in the 60s and onwards, while the typical UK suburban road dates back to the 30s, has cars parked either side, and is officially a two way street despite the fact you can't have two cars pass each other in opposite directions. It's also much more crowded in the UK...

That said Spain's a pain to ride as the lanes are exactly one car width, while in the UK the left lane more often than not has enough space for a car and a bicycle to share.

alantan

זכורים לי הכבישים של ספרד כצרים כפי

Costa roads are actually better as they were all set up in the 60s and onwards, while the typical UK suburban road dates back to the 30s, has cars parked either side, and is officially a two way street despite the fact you can't have two cars pass each other in opposite directions. It's also much more crowded in the UK...

That said Spain's a pain to ride as the lanes are exactly one car width, while in the UK the left lane more often than not has enough space for a car and a bicycle to share.
שאתה מתאר, כלומר הנתיבים בכביש המהיר. גם שוויץ עם נתיבים צרים מאוד. הכוונה שלי היתה שתזהר מהנהגים הספרדים, ואני מניח שלא תחסר לך נהיגה שם...

הרחובות הדו-סטריים הללו באנגליה עובדים, הם מאטים את התנועה בשכונות מגורים והנהגים יחסית אדיבים ולא מנסים להדחף בכח. אני יכול לחשוב על רחובות רבים בארץ שאילו היו באנגליה היו דו-סטריים עם חנייה משני הצדדים, רחוב הקשת בקרית שלום למשל!

Ccyclist

Here's Mercedes street, Tower-Mullins

שאתה מתאר, כלומר הנתיבים בכביש המהיר. גם שוויץ עם נתיבים צרים מאוד. הכוונה שלי היתה שתזהר מהנהגים הספרדים, ואני מניח שלא תחסר לך נהיגה שם...

הרחובות הדו-סטריים הללו באנגליה עובדים, הם מאטים את התנועה בשכונות מגורים והנהגים יחסית אדיבים ולא מנסים להדחף בכח. אני יכול לחשוב על רחובות רבים בארץ שאילו היו באנגליה היו דו-סטריים עם חנייה משני הצדדים, רחוב הקשת בקרית שלום למשל!
A typical backstreet situation: bays either side of wide road, no entry with exeption sign (in this case - residents only) on narrow two way street, which turns one way with bays both sides other side of the junction. Everything's marked and designed to avoid two way single track situations.

As to the drivers - I've been cycling on Spanish roads for nearly a decade now, they tend to be nicer than outer London drivers, and while Spain has issues as a society (lack of walking and cycling facilities along the main coas road being my bug bare) the people themselves are usually as intelligent as middle class people in the UK or Israel and don't at all conform to the Andrew Sachs or Carry On Abroad stereotypes. I trust them while cycling, so no issues with them while in a car (have spent the last 2 months driving there, but had UK theory so it was easier to take the test here while on a short break as I reside in the UK for 7 months of the year)

Pictured: Gibraltar, to which I have ridden in a tens of kilometres, few hours ride of the kind that shuts anyone giving me silly "cycling tips" up, just as the London to Brighton ride shuts them up in the UK. You can just about see my bike's handles...

Ccyclist

forgot the link...

A typical backstreet situation: bays either side of wide road, no entry with exeption sign (in this case - residents only) on narrow two way street, which turns one way with bays both sides other side of the junction. Everything's marked and designed to avoid two way single track situations.

As to the drivers - I've been cycling on Spanish roads for nearly a decade now, they tend to be nicer than outer London drivers, and while Spain has issues as a society (lack of walking and cycling facilities along the main coas road being my bug bare) the people themselves are usually as intelligent as middle class people in the UK or Israel and don't at all conform to the Andrew Sachs or Carry On Abroad stereotypes. I trust them while cycling, so no issues with them while in a car (have spent the last 2 months driving there, but had UK theory so it was easier to take the test here while on a short break as I reside in the UK for 7 months of the year)

Pictured: Gibraltar, to which I have ridden in a tens of kilometres, few hours ride of the kind that shuts anyone giving me silly "cycling tips" up, just as the London to Brighton ride shuts them up in the UK. You can just about see my bike's handles...
forgot the link...
Calle Río Cañoles, 4, 29620 Torremolinos, Málaga, Spain
http://goo.gl/maps/d4U9o

מצב
הנושא נעול.
למעלה