Student Aliyah

mirigolb1

Student Aliyah

I moved from Israel when i was 12.5 years old ( i am now 17.5 years old). I plan on returning to Israel right after i graduate from high school ( I am a senior). My plan is as follows: Go through Mechina for a year a at Hebew University Then Do Sheroot Leoomi for year ( as an Israeli citizen i will have to go to the army) I am hoping to then attend either Hebrew University or Herzelia's Institute of International Studies, and major in Middle Eastern Studies and minor in Arabic. Then i plan to return to America for a year to receive my master's in International Studies from Johns Hopkins University. I would like to either get involved in politics or pursue a career in broadcasting journalism. I speak four languages (Hebrew, English, Russian, Spanish), and I currently studying Arabic. The only problem is that I am only a permanent resident in the USA, and I am not yet a citizen. My parents had already emailed our lawyer, their only concern is that my plan will somehow affect my permanent residence status in the United State and/or jeopardize my chance of becoming a US citizen. Does anyone have any comments/advice regarding my plan or situation?

למעלה