need help

כלב קר

need help

i need help with translation of paragraph that i didn't understand "Julia margaret cameron is photography's great eccentric. she flouted the conventions of her day, not deliberately but quite unselfconsciously when she found them restrictive or merely irksome." thank you

Nimst

translation

ג'וליה מרגרט קמרון היא האקסנטרית הגדולה של תחום הצילום. היא התעלמה מהמוסכמות של ימיה, לא בכוונה אלא באופן די בלתי מודע כאשר היא חשבה שהן מגבילות או פשוט מעצבנות.

ArieIO5

...Thought we weren't supposed to use Hebrew

Nimst

when asking for a translation

i see no problem with it. if you want to explain it in English, you are (of course) free to do so.

ArieIO5

I think it's far more helpful

... to explain in English, because it enables the learner to think and explain stuff to himself in English, rather than teaching his mind to work like an electric dictionary.​

Nimst

perhaps

I find it hard to explain things in English without further confusing the person asking the question and introducing new words he or she doesn't understand. If you can manage it (and it seems like you can) then I say once again that you free to do so. more power to you.

ArieIO5

Here you go

I'm sure you understood most of it, or at least the general topic. Since you didn't mention the specific words or phrases that you had a problem with, I'll just have to guess and go by what I think is most likely to be misunderstood. * "Photography's great eccentric" means she was a different kind of photographer than anyone else in her time. * To "flout a convention" means to be rebellious against it, to refuse to accept it. * "Deliberately" means the same as "on purpose". * "Unselfconciously" means, as you might have figured out yourself, without being aware. * "Irksome" is the same as "annoying".​

למעלה