HELP!

BooboNet

HELP!

תרגמתי את הקטע לאנגלית ואני בטוחה שיש בו הרבה שגיאות...בבקשה עזרו לי לתקן :) There is no stability and support, therefore the person is calling out for help. Itיs so clearly in the painting. You only need to look and to have a bit of human sensitivity. The dark red of the sky with the blue ocean strap are symbolizes doubt blood, doubt calamity and doubt hopelessness (while the blue sky usually symbolizes hope an freedom). The person is stand on top of abyss, with a strong banister, his face are really gripped with death with a look of a skull. His hands cover his ears, protecting against terrible terror. The tongue also seems like gargling with terror, the eyes are sticking out from their chimneys in a shadow of death. The other two people in the painting seem like blackened and foreign figures. Their backs are turned to the central figure and become farther away from him. אין עוד כל יציבות ומשען. ולכן הבן אדם זועק לעזרה. זה כ"כ ברור בציור, צריך רק להסתכל ושיהיה לך קצת רגישות אנושית. האדום הכהה של השמים עם רצועות בכחול ים, מסמל ספק דם, ספק פורענות, וספק חוסר תקווה (שהרי שמים הם דווקא תכולים ומסמלים תקווה וחירות). האדם ניצב על גשר מעל תהום, עם מעקה איתן, פניו ממש כבר אחוזי מוות כמראה גולגולת, וידיו מכסות את אוזניו- מגוננות בפני אימה איומה. גם הלשון נראית כמלעלעת באימה והעיניים בולטות מארובותיהן באימת צלמוות. שני האנשים היחידים פרט לו, ניראים כדמויות משחירות וזרות שגבם מופנה אליו ומתרחקים ממנו.

פורג3

I truly hope you're not

Holding your breath waiting for an answer because you're going to suffocate before people around here will answer you. This forum is not for doing people's homework/class work or any other type of work for that matter, it's about helping people with their English. So if you have any question about a certain word or sentence, we'll be happy to answer but we won't do it for you or for your teacher.​

גרד3

Jelly dude?

But I'm not jealous, dude! And what kind of question is that?

רן88

What do you want from her?

When people ask to translate an entire passage it's reasonable not to answer them but she already translated. She simply asked people here to check (and even gave the source in Hebrew if something isn't understood) and I think it's alright.​

פורג3

Not if she

is doing this as something she needs to present and get a grade on. In that case that would still be cheating because her mistakes should be found by her teacher, not by us. (Showing her her mistakes would be wrong because she is trying to gain more points, shall we say, "illegally" and that's just wrong and unfair.)​

רן88

Now I understand your reason but

I still disagree. When someone gets a work he can do at home it's alright to get advice from others, in my opinion. When the teacher wants to check the skills of the student and his skills alone - she does a test. A teacher knows that if there is a very big difference between the essays that are done at home and between those that are on the test then someone must be helping her. Asking us is just like asking an older brother or your parents, something I'm quite sure that you did back in the day (and that is acceptable). Hopefully we'll come to an understanding.​

פורג3

Listen, I see your point

But I still think the best way to handle this would be not answering her. I'm sure the teacher was well aware of the fact that her pupils won't necessarily do this by themselves, but there was still some level of wanting to check the students' skills, or else, why would she be giving the kids a work to begin with? I personally, asked and asks nobody to help me with my homework so I guees I find this hard to understand why people don't try to do this by themselves. You may say, that by the fact she did this, she was already trying but a part of trying is also hand the job the way she did it, face her mistakes and learn from them for the next time. I really think, if we would correct her mistakes, she won't learn anything from this paper, and that would make the work she has to do worthless and I don't think it's its purpose. And of course, sorry for this giant roll. I guess I lost control a bit. Oh, and one last thing, trust me, I would love to come to understanding​

רן88

I agree with you about one thing

losing points on an exam or a paper hurts and usually stays in your memory and you probably won't do the same mistake again. However, I still believe that people are learning from their mistakes, even though these mistakes aren't affecting their grade. Personally, I asked this forum for help on essays I had to give to my teacher and I learned from my mistakes as much as I would from my teacher. Correcting my grammar is usually useless because I have no idea about anything when it comes to grammar. I base my English on my hearing but that's just me.​

פורג3

Problematic

You may be learning from your mistakes, but we usually don't know who is sitting at the other side of the forum (so to speak) asking for our help and sometimes, losing points is necessary for them to wake up, try harder and maybe be better students. Nevertheless, I do think that this forum needs to make up its mind and tell us the line between helping someone or helping him cheat.​

פורג3

Maybe.

Or we can open a message asking the forum members what do they think, come to an agreement and publish it on the "Forum Laws".​

למעלה