שאלה לעו"ד יעקב

ronen8834

שאלה לעו"ד יעקב

Dear Jacob, I have received the letter notifying that I was selected in the DV-2004 diversity immigrant program. I am currently finishing my college degree and I will own the degree in two months time. I am also about to marry my girlfriend three months from now. My question is what should I write in the application forms about my education and marital status if I am sending the forms now? Would writing my current status and notifying you only when the above events take place will delay processing my application in any way? In addition, what should I do in order that my future wife will be able to apply for a visa along with me? Thank you for your help, Ronen

ronen8834

תיקון טעות

במקום notifying you התכוונתי ל notifying the immigration office

ronen8834

שאלה

................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................

Jacob Imm

dv-2004

Ronen, Since you were not married when you sent out the forms, she was not included in your application. That means that she will not get the green card with you. You have to be quick and send back all the forms as the number of visas is limited. You may indicate that you will be completing your education in two months. Your future wife will have to find another way to immigrate, you could only help her once you become a citizen. She could become a student or get a work visa if she qualifies.​

ronen8834

שאלה נוספת בעניין לעו"ד יעקב

שלום לך עו"ד יעקב ותודה רבה על התייחסותך. מאחר ותשובתך הדאיגה אותי מאוד בדקתי באתר האינטרנט של רשויות ההגירה וזה המידע שמצאתי: http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#Following אשמח אם תוכל להתייחס לעניין להביע את דעתך. מצורף ציטוט קצר של העניין. If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available כלומר לפי דבריהם במידה ואתחתן לפני שאקבל את הויזה (וכך בדיוק יקרה במידה ואכן אקבל אותה בעוד שנה) אז אישתי תוכל לקבל גרין קארד ללא צורך להמתין. האם אני צודק?

ronen8834

פרט נוסף

ב KCC (המשרד שמנהל את הרישום לויזות) מסרו לי כי ברגע שאתחתן פשוט אשלח אליהם את המסמכים של אישתי והיא תצורף לבקשה ותקבל ויזה יחד איתי במידה ואני אקבל אותה. אני לא מבין מדוע אמרת שהיא לא תוכל לקבל ויזה? האם התכוונת למקרה אחר? למען הסר ספק עדיין לא קיבלתי ויזה, רק עליתי בהגרלה ושלחתי את הטפסים. אודה לך אם תוכל להתייחס לעניין, ושוב תודה מראש.

Jacob Imm

visa for your wife

Ronen, I was refering to a situation where you are not yet married and if you indicate that on the forms, you will be processed as single. If you do get married before you get the immigrant visa, you could include your wife as well. The following to join procedure is only applicable before you actually become a green card holder.​

למעלה