יום הולדת לקולין גרינווד

Major Thom

מזל טוב קולין!!

וכרגיל.. כמה פרטים:
FULL NAME: Colin Charles Greenwood. BIRTH: June 26, 1969. INSTRUMENT: Bass. EDUCATION: Abingdon School; read English literature at Cambridge. PREVIOUS JOBS: Ents officer at Peterhouse, Cambridge; assistant at Our Price, Oxford. KEY WORDS: Garrulous, funny, bookish, can´t drive. FAVE MUSIC: Past influences - Talking heads, The Fall, R.E.M, Tom Waits. Current faves - Ennio morricone, Prince Buster, Lee Scratch Perry. FAVE MOVIES/TV/BOOKS: "Wings Of Desire", ´Bullet Park", "In Dreams Begin Responsibilities", "Perdido". LIKES: Strawberry. DISLIKES: Being asked, "If you were a milkshake, what flavour would you be?" in questionnaires. INFLUENCES: Madonna, The Pointer Sisters. OTHER: Known as Coz. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: Colin got married in the US around May/June 1999. Other band members said: [Ed] "Here´s a tip: don´t believe a thing he says." [Phil] "Likes a drink." [Thom] "He´s very strong-minded and astute." [Thom] "He´s downloaded a library."​

Major Thom

וציטוטים..:

"I mean, I´m in a band, we´re reasonably successful, I´ve got a very nice suit - I´m not even a bad person- so why can´t I get a shag?" "We try to treat everywhere we play differently and that´s really important. Otherwise, you feel you are just in a vacuum from going from bus to stage, play for people, into another bus and back to the hotel and it could be anywhere and that would be terrible." [to the ´lucky´ tune] "I want ham rolls.. I want ham rolls.. with cheeeeeseeee." [on the 96 brit awards] "Yes, we were all there and we´re never going again because it was a travesty and a farce and full of obnoxious, drug-taking, alcohol-swilling, corporate pigs." [on high and dry] "Over 2 years old now... Ah! So young, pure and innocent then - now I´m just old, pure and innocent! Damn!" "I know! I know one! How did Darth Vader know what Luke Skywalker was getting for Christmas?.. He felt his presents! There, that was funny.. You didn´t just laugh to be polite, did you?" "It´s very important to try and make every concert you do special and different and we really try to do that. It´s quite psychologically draining sometimes you know." "My letter has been a bit tardy, because my computer decided to make a break for freedom in a hotel lobby in Harrisburg, and ended up crashing onto the marble floor. This has severely curtailed my surfing, just I´d discovered the joys of newsgroups and other techno trivia." [on living with the band] "I don´t know if I´d do it again. Maybe if it was a house in trinidad, but it would have to be large enough so we never saw each other." [on OK Computer] "It´s not The Bends, the sequel, or of the prequel. But, there´s a continuity. You don´t get the feeling we´ve ripped up all the songs from The Bends and reinvented ourselves in a horribly pop-tastic way." "Some friends of mine were searched by British anti-terrorist police who were Radiohead fans. This was in London about a month ago after the Ira bomb. They were in another band and the policeman goes, "have you heard of Radiohead? They´re my favorite gr p!..." with their machine guns. It appeals to a lot of people." "Thom had got into dance music at college and kept on playing theses awful house records. God only knows what they were. I was working at Our Price and in the evenings all I wanted to do was sit round and listen to the Pale Saints. But Thom would stick on this horrendous techno music. He got pretty short shift from the rest of us." "The Bends was many things, but it wasn´t really chirpy, was it? It was more like a darkness lumbering over the horizon with gun turrets strafing the Britpop hordes with misery... er, sorry. Got a bit carried away there." "There´s a literary analogy for that." "What I really hated about Britpop was all that tiresome irony. As if bands shouldn´t be serious things." "I tend to play better in the studio, no pressures, just sheer volume and alcohol."​

naps

שאלה...

אני יודע שכתבו את זה פה לא מזמן אבל נראה לי לשאול יהיה יותר פשוט מלחפש... איך מיישרים את הטקסט לשמאל?? תודה מראש.

polyethylene

יש מתחת ל"תוכן ההודעה" סימונים../images/Emo26.gif

מוסכמים, לפני הטקסט באנגלית שמים "תחילת קוד" אחרי טקסט באנגלית שמים "סיום קוד", וזהו...

מה יש לזה גם קליפ?

ברקע: placebo- passive aggressive (כן, אני אשכרה שומע אלבום ולא שירים במחשב...) אני שאלתי אותך

Esmena

כן, קליפ נאה שנחרש ב"ניצוץ" של נטו

במהלך השנה האחרונה. אולי ירוענן זיכרונך- בריטים שמגיעים לירח, ומשחקים שם בחרבות אור סטארוורסיות...נשמע מוכר? מצד שני, הנטו שיש בו "הניצוץ" מגיע למעט מאוד מקומות. וזה חבל.
Emiliana Torrini- Tuna Fish
(לא משהו במיוחד, אל תטרחו).

למעלה