ביקורת מעניינת על האנג אפ וסורי..

קרנוק

ביקורת מעניינת על האנג אפ וסורי..

John Marrs had the priviledge to heard the full versions of Sorry and Hung Up today and wants to share his experience with our readers. Before I go into detail there’s a couple of things you need to bear in mind… 1. I only heard Hung Up twice and Sorry once. 2. I couldn’t take notes at the time, so everything is based on memory and some notes I made on the tube on the way back to the office and hour and a half later. 3. Sorry has been confirmed as almost definitely the second single. No news on release dates. Hung Up. It’s a belter. Classic Madonna at her best. But we know that already. The version I heard was the album version. It starts off with a ticking clock and Madonna singing ’Time goes by so slowly’ over and over again. Behind her is the quiet muffled instrumental with a subtle drum beat, and gradually it becomes clearer and louder and it’s the Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie flute loop. After 45 seconds the whole instrumental kicks in full force and thumps along. After about a minute, the vocal kicks in with the chorus ’Every little thing that you say or do…’ After about 3 and a half minutes, it goes into the instrumental break - kind of like the original of Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie but without the orchestration. The it goes muffled again and almost fades out completely, before the clock ticking starts again and the vocals kick in and then the music continues. It fades out after about 5 mins 30 seconds, but the clock ticking continues and alarm goes off and leads you into the next track. It’s a tad slower than the internet download I heard of the song, but only a tiny bit. She sticks very much to the original Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie tune, its very faithful, but without sounding like a cover. ’Inspired by’ I think would be the correct phrase. The only time it deviates from the Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie template is with the line ’I can’t keep on waiting for you/ I know that you’re still hesitating…" etc. There’s a hint of Gwen Stefani’s What You Waiting For, but listen to the whole thing as it’s soon clear it’s just a hint, not a rip off. Possible the most infectious song I’ve heard from Madonna since Ray Of Light, it really doesn’t disappoint. I image in the edited single version to work really well and give it a faster feel than the album version, but this version doesn’t drag on or anything. Sorry. Ok, this is a less detailed review. This is the second song I heard, before Hung Up was played again and my memory is crap so sorry for the lack of details. It has a very Euro style dance-beat to it, the main verses seems to use a piano keyboard throughout, mainly the deeper notes (I dunno what the technical term is, sorry!) which add to the bass. It starts with orchestration, a bit like Paradise. Other reports are correct, she’s saying something in a variety of languages and that’s how the song kicks off, not sure if it’s I’m Sorry or something else. There’s a vocoder used on these vocals, sounding more like something from Daft Punk than from Nobody’s Perfect. Only the bits in foreign languages are vocodered - the rest of the vocals are all sung normally. They lyrics are kind of sad, and although the tune is very dance orientated, it’s not a happy Kylie style upbeat tune. The song ends once again with her saying I’m sorry in different languages and the vocals gradually slow down and get a little deeper. It’s about 4mins 40 seconds long. It’s a great choice for a single, it’s doesn’t for me have the ’wow’ factor like Hung Up, but it’s a very strong dance track and very very commercial. It then goes into the next song, which I believe is Future Lovers. I only heard 12 seconds of this and it sounded very much like Donna Summer’s I Feel Love, which I think has already been reported.

מ י ה2

בינתיים מי ששמע....../images/Emo4.gif

מה שאפשר לישמוע -חוזר על המילים מיסחרי וקליל,סטייל ארוויזיון. אני מיצטערת אבל זה לא נישמע מבטיח ולמרות שפה כולם מיתלהבים מ-hung up לדעתי הוא לא טוב וזה בלשון המעטה.ולא להיתנפל עליי אני יודעת שצריך לישמוע את כול האלבום אבל.......גודל הציפיות כך גודל האכזבה.אם אני טועה אחרי שאני ישמע את כולו אני אתקן את עצמי.

למעלה