APS

APS

Hi, I was diagnosed with APS a year ago after dvt and pe with positive lac in 5 tests at a long distance of time between them. Because of this I was told to take coumadin for a life time. Last month lac was negative and because of this my doctor told me that i don't have aps and that i must stop taking coumadin. Is it possible that 5 times lac is positive and then drops below positive leevls and become negative? Does this change the diagnosi? In aps must lac be always positive? Most important is it wise to stop coumadin at my condition? Thank you

APS

אם הLAC היה חיובי 5 פעמים בהפרשי זמן של לפחות 3 חודשיים בין לפחות 2 בדיקות ואם אכן היה PE , עליך להמשיך טיפול בקומדין לכל החיים. יש לעיתים שינויים בכייל של LAC -הוא יכול להפוך לשלילי אך זה לא משנה את האבחנה ויש להמשיך הטיפול על אף הבדיקות הטובות

aps

First of all thank you very much for your rapid answer. Since I am not in Israel, and the doctors here think aps should be treated with aspirin...the fact that lac was negatiev creats me a lot of problems, because they insist I don't have aps anymore. I would like to ask you another question, Is it ok to mix my blood with 50% of normal blood when lac is search since I am on coumadin??? it looks to me that in this way we are getting false negative answer, no? thank you very much, again

למעלה