מלונדון לישראל האוטובוס 2 קומות חוזר

yblumann

been tried in Hong Kong but failed

ה-E500H באמת נראה מתאים, אבל חסרה דלת שלישית
אני באמת חושב שזו בעיה עם DD בקווים עתירי נוסעים - חייבים שלוש דלתות כאשר אחת מהן משמשת (בעיקר, אבל לא רק) לנוסעים שיורדים מלמעלה. אחרת יש עומס בירידה כאשר היורדים במדרגות מתעכבים בגלל זרם הנוסעים מהקומה התחתונה שיורדים גם הם.
when 12m long 3 axle d/d buses were first introduced in Hong Kong, the 3 door model was introdroduced- with two staircases; front door for entrance and the other two doors for exist.

this was later tested against the normal model of two doors, and dwell time was compared between the two options- on various routes in HK- some very busy and some suburban routes.

it was found that the 3 door model did not shorten the dwell time at bus stops in comparison to the two door model, due to boarding passengers having to wait till everyone who wanted to got off the bus.
the two door model did not help, because the space between the two staircases is relatively short, and therefore it did not shorten the disembarkation process in any significant measure.

You can not designate one staircase as alternative for boarding passengers at one time and for use of disembarking passengers at another time- it causes confusion and delay at bus stops. the rule has to be fixed.
yes, this was also tried -and failed- in HK

but the three door model has one big short fall- you loose space that can be used for passengers. at the end of the two door model was more cost effective -per passenger.

source: dept of transport HK, MD who worked at the department at the time...

oh yes, why HK? because they were the first to introduce the 12m long model as mass prouction vehicle for everyday use.

I visit HK every year, and I love observing peak hours operation- that's the only way to understand the transport system. the vast majority of the 6,500 double deck buses in HK are the long 12m buses. they work very well with the 2 door model.

if you visit Dublin or Glasgow you can see 12m long E500 volvos with one door- in Dublin on route 46 and on Glasgow's route 75

regards

Yoram

yblumann

correction

when 12m long 3 axle d/d buses were first introduced in Hong Kong, the 3 door model was introdroduced- with two staircases; front door for entrance and the other two doors for exist.

this was later tested against the normal model of two doors, and dwell time was compared between the two options- on various routes in HK- some very busy and some suburban routes.

it was found that the 3 door model did not shorten the dwell time at bus stops in comparison to the two door model, due to boarding passengers having to wait till everyone who wanted to got off the bus.
the two door model did not help, because the space between the two staircases is relatively short, and therefore it did not shorten the disembarkation process in any significant measure.

You can not designate one staircase as alternative for boarding passengers at one time and for use of disembarking passengers at another time- it causes confusion and delay at bus stops. the rule has to be fixed.
yes, this was also tried -and failed- in HK

but the three door model has one big short fall- you loose space that can be used for passengers. at the end of the two door model was more cost effective -per passenger.

source: dept of transport HK, MD who worked at the department at the time...

oh yes, why HK? because they were the first to introduce the 12m long model as mass prouction vehicle for everyday use.

I visit HK every year, and I love observing peak hours operation- that's the only way to understand the transport system. the vast majority of the 6,500 double deck buses in HK are the long 12m buses. they work very well with the 2 door model.

if you visit Dublin or Glasgow you can see 12m long E500 volvos with one door- in Dublin on route 46 and on Glasgow's route 75

regards

Yoram
correction
first para should read
&nbsp
when 12m long model was introduced in Hong Kong, it was the 3 door model that first went into service- with three doors- one for entrance at the front and the other two for exit.
&nbsp
sorry,
&nbsp
regards
&nbsp
Yoram

alantan

אבל לא הצעתי שני גרמי מדרגות אלא רק שתי דלתות ליציאה

correction
first para should read
&nbsp
when 12m long model was introduced in Hong Kong, it was the 3 door model that first went into service- with three doors- one for entrance at the front and the other two for exit.
&nbsp
sorry,
&nbsp
regards
&nbsp
Yoram
או שלוש דלתות לכניסה ויציאה.
&nbsp
הנוהג מחוץ ללונדון של דלת אחת הוא פשוט טפשי - אפילו בדגמים של קומה אחת, לא כל שכן בשתי קומות.

yblumann

It's not that practical

או שלוש דלתות לכניסה ויציאה.
&nbsp
הנוהג מחוץ ללונדון של דלת אחת הוא פשוט טפשי - אפילו בדגמים של קומה אחת, לא כל שכן בשתי קומות.
It's not that practical
The bottleneck is the staircase area on the double deck bus.
on a conventional two door London d/d, there are 41-43 seats upstairs and only 23 downstairs, standing permitted downstairs only.
getting off the bus, the congestion would always centred around the staircase- those upstairs always end up waiting from downstairs passengers to exit first.
there are more passengers upstairs than downstairs.
the staircase is allocated behind the drivers seat- this is the optimal location as experience showed over the years.
yes, bus designers and bus companies agonised for many years over the issue of where to locate the staircase.

in summary, if you add another set of doors, that would only reduce the number of seats downstairs, but would not make much difference to dwell time.

You can see it for yourself on route 73, which is being changed from normal buses to LTs. both models run side by side, and the LTs are not any faster- when measuring dwell time at bus stops.

regards

Yoram

alantan

ומה אם הדלת האחורית מכוונת יותר לשימוש הנוסעים למטה

It's not that practical
The bottleneck is the staircase area on the double deck bus.
on a conventional two door London d/d, there are 41-43 seats upstairs and only 23 downstairs, standing permitted downstairs only.
getting off the bus, the congestion would always centred around the staircase- those upstairs always end up waiting from downstairs passengers to exit first.
there are more passengers upstairs than downstairs.
the staircase is allocated behind the drivers seat- this is the optimal location as experience showed over the years.
yes, bus designers and bus companies agonised for many years over the issue of where to locate the staircase.

in summary, if you add another set of doors, that would only reduce the number of seats downstairs, but would not make much difference to dwell time.

You can see it for yourself on route 73, which is being changed from normal buses to LTs. both models run side by side, and the LTs are not any faster- when measuring dwell time at bus stops.

regards

Yoram
ואילו הדלת האמצעית יותר עבור היורדים במדרגות?
&nbsp
או באוטובוס עם עליה מכל הדלתות, אולי בכלל הדלת הקדמית צריכה לשמש את העולים והיורדים במדרגות. האם יש נסיון מברלין שם אני מניח (האם זה נכון?) שלא משלמים בעליה לאוטובוס?

yblumann

you still have the problem of the staircase

&nbsp
או באוטובוס עם עליה מכל הדלתות, אולי בכלל הדלת הקדמית צריכה לשמש את העולים והיורדים במדרגות. האם יש נסיון מברלין שם אני מניח (האם זה נכון?) שלא משלמים בעליה לאוטובוס?
The Berlin d/ds are longer buses, but they have two staircase, thus reducing capacity to that of the much shorter London Bus, and this is far from ideal.

Again, for d/d buses the main holdup is the way to/from the upper deck, and passenger flow would not be significantly helped by what you suggested.
Bear in mind that the lower floor is also meant for standing passengers. if you install three doors instead of two doors, it reduces capacity significantly; . the hong kong experiments from the 1980s tested all sorts of possible permutations with 3 doors, and it did not save time and reduced delays.

So far, only TfL ban paying cash on the bus, In Berlin, and all over Germany, there is always to option to pay the driver.

Even in London, if you look at what is going on with the LTs, the prvision or the third door and the second staircase does not shorten dwell time at bus stops. there is a lot of 'confusiion' downstairs, as there is not enough space for standing passengers, and less seats available.

regards

Yoram

alantan

מעניין. בנמוך רצפה אפשר לעמוד ליד הדלתות אז כמה זה כבר מוריד

The Berlin d/ds are longer buses, but they have two staircase, thus reducing capacity to that of the much shorter London Bus, and this is far from ideal.

Again, for d/d buses the main holdup is the way to/from the upper deck, and passenger flow would not be significantly helped by what you suggested.
Bear in mind that the lower floor is also meant for standing passengers. if you install three doors instead of two doors, it reduces capacity significantly; . the hong kong experiments from the 1980s tested all sorts of possible permutations with 3 doors, and it did not save time and reduced delays.

So far, only TfL ban paying cash on the bus, In Berlin, and all over Germany, there is always to option to pay the driver.

Even in London, if you look at what is going on with the LTs, the prvision or the third door and the second staircase does not shorten dwell time at bus stops. there is a lot of 'confusiion' downstairs, as there is not enough space for standing passengers, and less seats available.

regards

Yoram
מהתכולה?
&nbsp
בכל זאת, שים לב שהיום בארץ יש קווים בהם לא משלמים לנהג יותר ושהכרטוס מתבצע מחוץ לאוטובוס. יכול להיות שנוצר בארץ מצב שלא היה קיים בשום מקום עם אוטובוס דו-קומתי ואולי יש פרמוטציה שלא נוסתה.
&nbsp
שים לב גם שבארץ לא נהוג לחכות עד שכולם ישובים לפני שמתחילים בנסיעה, דבר שעשוי לשנות את צוואר הבקבוק. בכלל, לא ברור לי איך זה יעבוד בארץ כי אי אפשר לנסוע כשנוסעים עולים או יורדים במדרגות ובטח שלא כשהם עומדים על הסיפון העליון, דבר שגורם לבעיות של מרכז כובד גבוה מדי.

yblumann

It's universal

מהתכולה?
&nbsp
בכל זאת, שים לב שהיום בארץ יש קווים בהם לא משלמים לנהג יותר ושהכרטוס מתבצע מחוץ לאוטובוס. יכול להיות שנוצר בארץ מצב שלא היה קיים בשום מקום עם אוטובוס דו-קומתי ואולי יש פרמוטציה שלא נוסתה.
&nbsp
שים לב גם שבארץ לא נהוג לחכות עד שכולם ישובים לפני שמתחילים בנסיעה, דבר שעשוי לשנות את צוואר הבקבוק. בכלל, לא ברור לי איך זה יעבוד בארץ כי אי אפשר לנסוע כשנוסעים עולים או יורדים במדרגות ובטח שלא כשהם עומדים על הסיפון העליון, דבר שגורם לבעיות של מרכז כובד גבוה מדי.
It's universal
The two issues I referred to - the staircase area for upstairs passengers, and the standing room for passengers downstairs are universal.

In Israel, there is one additional factor- the pressure and luck of patience and what seems to be the inability to form a queue.
I can well imagine the mayhem and the extra dwell time.

It does not really matter if you pay the driver or not. the main issue is still the dwell time and the best method allowing people to get on and off at the shortest time.

three doors and one staircase is not the best configuration- this has been tried and tested in real life in HK.
two staircases do not resolve the problem either- it simply lead to loss of up/down seating and standing space downstairs
Best wishes,
regards

Yoram

yblumann

single vs double deck bus

&nbsp
It is perhaps obvious, but I think it is worth stating that a double deck bus takes longer to load/offload than a single dec k bus.
if you want to compare the like with the like- in terms of capacity, it is an articulated bus and a double deck bus.
the reason is that upper deck- the need to go up or down the staircase , and the distance involved.
But an artic bus takes more road space than a double deck bus.
a double deck bus has a larger capacity than a normal 12m long single deck bus.
if you take those two considerations together, you can see the economic case for deploying double deck buses.

An interesting case I have mentioned before is in Hong Kong and a route called the 273. the 273 links an estate [wah ming] with the nearest rail station. the round trip is 10 minutes- and the service runs ever 2 minutes in the peaks needing 9 buses.
the service uses single deck buses - despite the massive number of users. the reason? if you send the 12m long d/d onto the route, it takes longer to unload at the station- at least 5 minutes- than the single deck- 3 minutes.

Regards

Yoram

alantan

ולכן נראה שדו-קומתי מתאים לקווים עתירי נוסעים בהם העליה

It is perhaps obvious, but I think it is worth stating that a double deck bus takes longer to load/offload than a single dec k bus.
if you want to compare the like with the like- in terms of capacity, it is an articulated bus and a double deck bus.
the reason is that upper deck- the need to go up or down the staircase , and the distance involved.
But an artic bus takes more road space than a double deck bus.
a double deck bus has a larger capacity than a normal 12m long single deck bus.
if you take those two considerations together, you can see the economic case for deploying double deck buses.

An interesting case I have mentioned before is in Hong Kong and a route called the 273. the 273 links an estate [wah ming] with the nearest rail station. the round trip is 10 minutes- and the service runs ever 2 minutes in the peaks needing 9 buses.
the service uses single deck buses - despite the massive number of users. the reason? if you send the 12m long d/d onto the route, it takes longer to unload at the station- at least 5 minutes- than the single deck- 3 minutes.

Regards

Yoram
והירידה מפוזרת לאורך תחנות רבות ולא כאשר כל הנוסעים יורדים בתחנה אחת. כך יכולים הנוסעים שרוצים לרדת בתחנה הבאה לעשות דרכם מטה מבעוד מועד, למשל בעת המתנה ברמזור ולא לחכות עד שהאוטובוס מגיע לתחנה.

yblumann

It is also suitable for long distance communting

והירידה מפוזרת לאורך תחנות רבות ולא כאשר כל הנוסעים יורדים בתחנה אחת. כך יכולים הנוסעים שרוצים לרדת בתחנה הבאה לעשות דרכם מטה מבעוד מועד, למשל בעת המתנה ברמזור ולא לחכות עד שהאוטובוס מגיע לתחנה.
It is also suitable for long distance communting
and it could be seen in Hong Kong on the long distance cross harbour tunnel routes .
route like the 968 leaves Yung Long for HK Island.
once it collects passengers at 4 bus stops in Yuen Long it runs non stop for 40 minutes till it reaches HK island and then offloads .

the reason why d/ds are used on such long routes is simple- a double deck has at least 90 seats, and a single deck -half of that.

as to longer dwell times at bus stops- well, this is catered for when you plan your schedules. you assign a little bit extra time for each bus stop, so your advertised timetables are realistic.

The use od d/d buses is ideal on busy routes- start and stop type, semi fast routes- and the big advantage is that you save on buses and drivers . you have to look in terms of capacity.

regards

Yoram

down under

מה, לכל הרוחות, הבעיה שלך להטעין עברית במחשב?

Please do ask them
There are two busbody makers: Wright's in Northern Ireland and ADL in Scotland. ask them where did they go.
I doubt it very much if the double decker would be the horrible new bus for London.
This new bus for London is a bus designed for a politician- - i.e. it is not a very good product. forget about the look and the official spin - of how wonderful it is. in reality, it is nothing like it. it is an underpowered and underwhelming bus in every way- including service speed, the lack of proper ventilation and the severe limit on the number of passengers due to it's heavy wieght. only 800 of them would ever be built for TfL- and it is a very expensive bus.
Wright - the NbFL for Lodnon- offer other d/d buses, but none were ever made for export to right hand side export.

ADL offers the E500 and E400 model for export- having made them in Canada for the USA market for some years. in the USA, you can find the largest number of double deck buses in Las Vegas- and they are all ADL products.
ADL also exported d/d buses to Korea, so they are keen to market their products in right hand driving countries.
regards

Yoram
מעניין איך רוכב האופניים ו-alantan כן מסוגלים לעשות זאת
וגם אני שעבדתי בקושי שנה באוסטרליה ב-2001 הטענתי עברית במחשב בלי בעיות
ורק אתה לא.

yblumann

has to do with my laptop

מעניין איך רוכב האופניים ו-alantan כן מסוגלים לעשות זאת
וגם אני שעבדתי בקושי שנה באוסטרליה ב-2001 הטענתי עברית במחשב בלי בעיות
ורק אתה לא.
has to do with my laptop
It has to do with software issues on my laptop; I can not load language packages on my laptop [windows 7],and make them work, despite following the insturctions someone very kindly sent me some years ago.

the other two issues I have is the lack of a physical hebrew keyboard,and I never learned typing in Hebrew either.

So, at least for the time being, it is either posting as I do now or not post at all, sorry.

regards

Yoram

תשדרג לחלונות 10 ברגע שתוכל. שם לא תהיה לך בעיה

has to do with my laptop
It has to do with software issues on my laptop; I can not load language packages on my laptop [windows 7],and make them work, despite following the insturctions someone very kindly sent me some years ago.

the other two issues I have is the lack of a physical hebrew keyboard,and I never learned typing in Hebrew either.

So, at least for the time being, it is either posting as I do now or not post at all, sorry.

regards

Yoram
להתקין עברית ברגע.
אני כבר עובד תקופה עם חלונות 10 גרסת הבטא האחרונה ויחסית די מבסוט למרות שאני רגיל מאוד לחלונות 8.1 פרו. ב29.07 השדרוג החינמי.
חלונות 10 דומה לחלונות 8.1 ומי שרגיל לחלונות 8.1 יתרגל תוך כמה דקות לחלונות 10. בכל מקרה 8.1 וכמובן 10 הרבה הרבה יותר מהירות מחלונות 7 האיטית והמסורבלת לטעמי. חלונות 7 מזכירה לי את ימי XP העליזים שנגמרו וטוב מאוד שנגמרו. לאשתי יש לפטופ שקיבלה מחו"ל והגיע בלי עברית. לקח לה עשר דקות להתקין עליו עברית מלאה (חלונות 8.1).

בועז ל

אין שום בעיה להתקין עברית בחלונות 7

להתקין עברית ברגע.
אני כבר עובד תקופה עם חלונות 10 גרסת הבטא האחרונה ויחסית די מבסוט למרות שאני רגיל מאוד לחלונות 8.1 פרו. ב29.07 השדרוג החינמי.
חלונות 10 דומה לחלונות 8.1 ומי שרגיל לחלונות 8.1 יתרגל תוך כמה דקות לחלונות 10. בכל מקרה 8.1 וכמובן 10 הרבה הרבה יותר מהירות מחלונות 7 האיטית והמסורבלת לטעמי. חלונות 7 מזכירה לי את ימי XP העליזים שנגמרו וטוב מאוד שנגמרו. לאשתי יש לפטופ שקיבלה מחו"ל והגיע בלי עברית. לקח לה עשר דקות להתקין עליו עברית מלאה (חלונות 8.1).
אין שום בעיה להתקין עברית בחלונות 7
יורם רק צריך להתקין TeamViewer, לתאם עם הרב פיינשטיין ויש לו עברית בתוך מספר דקות. אני אשתכנע שלא ניתן להתקין עברית ע"ג הלפטופ של יורם רק לאחר שאשמע שהאופציה הזאת נוסתה.

"המעביר" היתה הראשונה עם אוטובוסי קומותיים

כל הדרך מלונדון: האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים בקרוב בישראל

בקרוב צפויים לנסוע על כבישי הארץ אוטובוסים משוכללים וחדישים בעלי שתי קומות - כחלק מפיילוט חדש של משרד התחבורה. "אגד" ו"דן" יבצעו ניסוי במספר אוטובוסים המזוהים כל כך עם הבירה הבריטית - ואם הניסוי יצלח, ייתכן ויימצא הפתרון לבעיית הצפיפות בתחבורה הציבורית בארץ
גלובס

התחנה הבאה - ישראל: בקרוב, ואם לא יהיו תקלות או שינויים של הרגע האחרון, צפויים להגיע לישראל האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים המפורסמים של הבירה הבריטית.

כחלק מפיילוט של הרשות הארצית לתחבורה ציבורית שבמשרד התחבורה, יירכשו חמישה אוטובוסים דו-קומתיים. מדובר באוטובוסים חדישים במיוחד עם מערכות בידור ואלקטרוניקה מתקדמות, בעלי עיצוב 'חללי' וחדשני, בדומה לאוטובוסים בהם נעשה שימוש כיום בבירה הבריטית.

חברות "אגד" ו"דן" יתרגלו את השימוש באוטבוסים הבודדים שיירכשו בתחילה בקווים העירוניים - ואם הניסוי יצליח, יירכשו אוטובוסים נוספים בעלי שתי קומות. הניסוי החדש יכלול אוטובוסים המיועדים לעת עתה לשימוש עירוני בלבד. בין השאר נבחנות אופציות לאוטובוסים בעלי מערכת הנעה היברידית מתקדמת.

במשרד התחבורה מקווים שהמקום הרב באוטובוסים הללו יסייע בפתרון בעיית הצפיפות בתחבורה הציבורית בשעות העומס - זאת מכיוון שביכולתם להכיל קיבולת נוסעים כפולה.

האוטובוסים החדשים שבדרכם לארץ הם אמנם בשורה מרעננת, אולם לא מדובר בפעם הראשונה בה נוסעים אוטובוסים בעלי שתי קומות על כבישי הארץ. לפני יותר מעשור, עשתה "אגד" שימוש באוטובוסים כאלה של חברת "ניאופלן" בקווים בין עירוניים. עם זאת, בשל שורה של בעיות תפעוליות, נזנח הרעיון כליל.
"המעביר" היתה הראשונה עם אוטובוסי קומותיים
כאשר הראשון נחת כאן כבר בשנת 1936 והיה זה M800F. אח"כ הופעלו בקואופרטיב דן עוד שניים: ת1127 שהפך אחר-כך להיות 36-047 והאחרון 36-373. בשנות ה-90 הסתובב בתל-אביב קומותיים צהוב של AEC במסגרת מסע פרסום לדיאנטיקה.

איטלקי8

איך האוטובוסים האלה יתמודדו עם פסי האטה המאוד נפוצים כאן?

כל הדרך מלונדון: האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים בקרוב בישראל

בקרוב צפויים לנסוע על כבישי הארץ אוטובוסים משוכללים וחדישים בעלי שתי קומות - כחלק מפיילוט חדש של משרד התחבורה. "אגד" ו"דן" יבצעו ניסוי במספר אוטובוסים המזוהים כל כך עם הבירה הבריטית - ואם הניסוי יצלח, ייתכן ויימצא הפתרון לבעיית הצפיפות בתחבורה הציבורית בארץ
גלובס

התחנה הבאה - ישראל: בקרוב, ואם לא יהיו תקלות או שינויים של הרגע האחרון, צפויים להגיע לישראל האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים המפורסמים של הבירה הבריטית.

כחלק מפיילוט של הרשות הארצית לתחבורה ציבורית שבמשרד התחבורה, יירכשו חמישה אוטובוסים דו-קומתיים. מדובר באוטובוסים חדישים במיוחד עם מערכות בידור ואלקטרוניקה מתקדמות, בעלי עיצוב 'חללי' וחדשני, בדומה לאוטובוסים בהם נעשה שימוש כיום בבירה הבריטית.

חברות "אגד" ו"דן" יתרגלו את השימוש באוטבוסים הבודדים שיירכשו בתחילה בקווים העירוניים - ואם הניסוי יצליח, יירכשו אוטובוסים נוספים בעלי שתי קומות. הניסוי החדש יכלול אוטובוסים המיועדים לעת עתה לשימוש עירוני בלבד. בין השאר נבחנות אופציות לאוטובוסים בעלי מערכת הנעה היברידית מתקדמת.

במשרד התחבורה מקווים שהמקום הרב באוטובוסים הללו יסייע בפתרון בעיית הצפיפות בתחבורה הציבורית בשעות העומס - זאת מכיוון שביכולתם להכיל קיבולת נוסעים כפולה.

האוטובוסים החדשים שבדרכם לארץ הם אמנם בשורה מרעננת, אולם לא מדובר בפעם הראשונה בה נוסעים אוטובוסים בעלי שתי קומות על כבישי הארץ. לפני יותר מעשור, עשתה "אגד" שימוש באוטובוסים כאלה של חברת "ניאופלן" בקווים בין עירוניים. עם זאת, בשל שורה של בעיות תפעוליות, נזנח הרעיון כליל.
ובמיוחד כאשר מהנדסי הרשויות לא יודעים בכלל להגדיר נכון את גובה הפסים ופשוט הקבלים זורקים מלט לכביש ובונים גבעה בשיפועים הזויים.

kobimor549

והמנהרות

ובמיוחד כאשר מהנדסי הרשויות לא יודעים בכלל להגדיר נכון את גובה הפסים ופשוט הקבלים זורקים מלט לכביש ובונים גבעה בשיפועים הזויים.
והמנהרות
איך יתמודדו איתם ?

גשרים ומנהרות היו גם בתקופת האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים של פעם.

והמנהרות
איך יתמודדו איתם ?
גשרים ומנהרות היו גם בתקופת האוטובוסים הדו-קומתיים של פעם.
גובה אוטובוס כזה הוא בערך 4.5 מטר, למיטב ידיעתי הוא יכול לעבור כמעט בכל כביש בארץ.

למעלה