שרשור השאלות לסטפן מורס

לד"ר מורס

I am looking for my aunt - Paula Dressler who immigrate from Viena about 1939-1940 )I don't know exactly. She was incontact with my father bur she disapeer one day at the 50 from her own will/ I don't know if she married, pribebly she deid/

מה מיוחד בהתמחות של ד"ר מורס לשאלה

שמעונה, ד"ר מורס מומחה למחשוב ומנועי חיפוש. השאלה שאת שואלת אותו שולחת אותו לעשות לך את המחקר ואיננה נוגעת לתחום התמחותו. רוני

תודה על ההערה , אבל מאחר וכבר

ניסיתי את כל האפשרויות חיפוש אחריה, כולל בתי קברות, הגירה, נישואים וכיו"ב, אולי יש לו רעיונות אחרים איפה לחפש אחריה. לא העליתי על דעתי שהוא יחפש אותה בשבילי.

תרגום לשמעונה 1 האחת

שמעונה היקרה, ראי את העצה שנתי למירקה ולענתר. סטיב מורס

ענתר

שלושה בני דודים מהגרים לארה"ב

על פי מסמכי אליס איילנד שלושה בני דודים יצאו מרומניה בשנת 1921 באוניה מנצוריה MANCHURIA לארצות הברית ונכנסו בתאריך 6 לינואר 1921. שלושתם רשמו שהם נוסעים לבן דודם אלכסנדר פריטש FRITSCH שאת צאצאיו הצלחתי לאתר. בלה פריטש מספר 1 ברשימה היה דמות ידועה במשפחה ובזכותו הצלחנו ליצור קשר בין 4 משפחות שבדור הזה לא ידענו על הקשר ביננו. מספר 3 ברשימה פריטש מלוויק MALOVIC, אינו ידוע לנו, ונאמר לי שאין זה שם הונגרי ידוע, איך אפשר לאתר אותו? ידוע לי על פריטש לויוש LOJOS שהיגר לארצות הברית ועל פי מסמך שבידי המשפחה הגיע לארצות הברית ב 10 לינואר 1921 באניה מנצוריה. האם אני יכולה להניח שזה טעות בכתיבת השם? מספר 2 ברשימה הינו גדלי יוגין GHIDALE EUGENIE שגם הוא נוסע לבן הדוד אלכסנדר פריטש. השם גדלי מתאים לנתונים במשפחתי, אך כל שידוע לי על דודה גדולה בשם חנה שהתחתנה עם אדם ששם משפחתו גדלי. לכן מאוד קיוותי להתקדם עם המשפחה באמצעות גדלי יוגין. הזמנתי את מסמך ההתאזרחות של יוג'ין גדלי, אך כנראה לא של האדם הנכון. אשמח לכל עזרה

אנא מקדי את שאלתך לד"ר מורס

ענתר, האורח הוא מומחה למנועי חיפוש וכו', לאו דוקא למחקרים גנאולוגיים. האם תוכלי למקד את שאלתך לתחומי התענינותו (וגם לקצר אותה, לטובת המתרגם ?). תודה, רוני

An English translation

Subject: Three immigrant cousins to the US === According to Ellis Island documents, three cousins left Romania in 1921 on board the Manchuria vessel and entered the US on January 6, 1921. All three of them indicated that their destination an their cousin Alexander Fritsch, whose descendants I manged to trace. Bela Fritsch (No. 1 on the list) was a well known figre in our family, and thanks to him, we managed to link 4 families. No. 3 on the list is Fritsch Malovic, is a person on whome we know nothing. I was told that it is a rather rare Hungarian name. Hw can we trace him ? I know about Fritsch Lojos who immigrated to the US, and arrived to the US on January 10, 1921 on board the Manchuria. Can I assume it is just a typographical error in writing the name ? No. 2 on the list is Ghidale Eugenie, who was also travelling to the cousin Alexander Fritsch. The name Ghidale fits with the info I have on my family, but as far as I know, there was a great aunt who married with a man whose family name was Ghidale. Therefore I was hoping that my research will be advanced by researching this Ghidale Eugenie. I ordered the naturalization record of Ghidale Eugenie, but apparently the wron Ghidale Eugenie. I will appreciate any help. Antar

Stephen Morse

To Antar

Antar, Seems like everyone is interested in finding descendants of distant branches of their family, and I'm no exception. I too have found ship records for great uncles whom I previously didn't even know existed, and now want to find their living offspring. In some cases you can get lucky and trace them very easily, and in others you will get clues but not quite get to a person. Sometimes you will give up only to accidentally stumble on the right clue sometime later and actually find a person. The best advice I can give is what I wrote in my answer to Mirka's question. Regarding Fritsch Malovic and Fritsch Lojos, it could be a transcription error in the Ellis Island records. Check the actual image of the manifest and see if it looks more like Lojos and Malovic. The error could even have been made by the ship's personnel when they wrote the name on the manifest. Errors in both cases are rampant. However, it seems a far cry from Malovic to Lojos, so it's probably not the kind of an error that the ship's personnel would have made. The only possibility is that it is a transcription error, and that you can check on by looking at the manifest. I have no ideas as to what you would do about Ghidale Eugenie. -- Steve Morse​

Stephen Morse

More to Antar

I didn't see your attachment originally. OK, from that it is clear that there is no transcription error since the names were typed on the manifest. The only other possible error is that the ship's personnel misunderstood the name when they typed it in. That is a less likely error. The only other possibility is that the person actually had both names -- maybe one was a nickname for the other, or one was a middle name. In my own family I was always puzzled why my Uncle Harry's ship record listed him as Elle. I would have expected Hirsch or Tvi or something like that. But it clearly said Elle. Then years later I discovered some records from Belarus and learned that his name was actually Elya Hirsch. That explained the Elle. Of course it didn't explain the fact that he was also listed as female on the ship record.
-- Steve Morse​

ענתר

בשם קרובים בארצות הברית

Dear Dr. Morse: We are looking for a cousin of our late father, or the cousins family. His name is Henry Hirsch, he was an officer stationed at Straubing air base in Germany after WWII. After the war he suggested that our father leave Marosvasarhely, Romania for a free country and he would help him get to the US. We believe that Henry Hirsch was the son of Bela Hirsch who was originally from Marosvasarhely also. Henry Hirsch was West Point graduate,we looked at the web "Jewish War Veterans", but no success. As far as we know and lived the state of NY. אנחנו מחפשים בן דוד של אבא שלנו, ז"ל, או את משפחתו של הבן דוד. שמו היה הנרי הירש, הוא היה קצין בבסיס חיל האויר האמריקאי בסטראובינג, גרמניה אחרי מלחמת העולם השניה. אחרי המלחמה הוא הציע לאבינו לעזוב את מרושוושרהיי, רומניה ולבוא לארה"ב בעזרתו. אנחנו מאמינים שהנרי היה בנו של בלה הירש שגם היה ממרושוושרהיי. הנרי הירש סיים את לימודיו בווסט פוינט. חיפשנו באתר Jewish War Veterans אך ללא הצלחה עד כמה שידוע לנו חי במדינת ניו יורק.

Stephen Morse

To the relatives from the US

Dear ???, Again see the advice that I gave to Mirka as well as the first paragraph in the response that I gave to Antar. -- Steve Morse​

תרגום לקרובים (כאילו שהם צריכים...)

שוב, ראו את עצות שנתתי למירקה כמו גם הפיסקה הראשונה בתשובתי לענתר. סטיב מורס

../images/Emo41.gif../images/Emo41.gif../images/Emo41.gifפתיחת הארוח עם ד"ר מורס../images/Emo41.gif

Dear Steve, I am delighted and honored to open our hosting today. It is wonderful to have you with us today. I need not introduce you to our members, since your name is well known, as we frequently use the tools that you developed, and that are available at no charge on the Internet, for the benefit of all researchers. We appreciate the time and efforts that it takes to be here with us. We all enjoy the wonderful tools that you keep providing us and are thankful for that. I would like to ask you: What new tools are you working on ? What made you create all the wonderful one-step tools and the other tools ? How did it all started ? What are the feedbacks that you get from the sites whose information you help to search (e.g.- what do Ellis Island people think of your tools ? Do they use your seaerch tools ?) Thank you and may we all have an exciting evening, Rony​
סטיב היקר, אני שמח לפתוח את הארוח איתך היום. נפלא לארח אותך אצלנו. אינני צריך להציג אותך בפני החברים שלנו, משום ששמך ושמעך הגיע אלינו, באשר אנו משתמשים לעיתים תכופות בכלים שפיתחת ואשר עומדים לרשותנו חינם אין כסף באינטרנט, לשימוש ולרווחת כל החוקרים. אנו מעריכים ומודים לך על הזמן ועל המאמץ שהשקעת בארוח היום אצלנו. אנו גם נהנים מהכלים שהכנת ותודתנו נתונה לך על כך. ברצוני לשאול אותך: - אילו כלים חדשים אתה מפתח ? - מה הביא אותך לפתח את הכלים של ONE STEP ? כיצד התחיל הכל ? - אילו משובים חוזרים (FEED BACK) אתה מקבל מאנשי האתרים שבהם הכלים שלך מבצעים את החיפושים (לדוגמא אתר אליס איילנד: מה דעתם על המכשירים שלך ? האם הם בעצמם משתמשים בהם ?). תודה לך ואני מאחל לכולנו ארוח מהנה, רוני

Stephen Morse

To Rony

- What new tools are you working on ? I never have an answer to that question. Because every time I get an idea, I quickly implement it and have it on line. So usually I am between tools, as I am now. But it never lasts long -- something always comes up. - What made you create all the wonderful one-step tools and the other tools ? How did it all started ? It got started when I tried to locate the ship record for one of my wife's grandfathers. I couldn't find him the old fashioned way (from microfilm). When the Ellis Island database went on line I thought I could find him there, but was frustrated to find out that that was impossible. Then I realized that I could search their data in a better way, so I implemented my Ellis Island search form. Found him immediately. I told others about my search form, and the rest is history. - What are the feedbacks that you get from the sites whose information you help to search (e.g.- what do Ellis Island people think of your tools ? Do they use your seaerch tools ?) No comment. <grin> -- Steve​

תרגום התשובה לרוני

1. לשאלה הראשונה (אילו כלים הוא מפתח עכשיו): אף פעם אין לי תשובה לשאלה זו. מפני שמתי שעולה לי רעיון, אני ניגש מיד ליישם אותוולהעלות אותו לרשת. כך שאני בדר"כ נמצא "בין כלים", כמו עכשיו. אבל זה אף פעם לא נמשך זמן רב. משהו חדש תמיד צץ. 2. לשאלה השניה (כיצד הכל התחיל):הכל התחיל כאשר ניסיתי לאתר את רישום הספינה של אחת מסביה של אשתי. לא יכולתי למצוא אותו בדרך המסורתית (במיקרופילם). כשאתר אליס איילנד עלה לרשת, חשבתי שאוכל למצוא אותו שם, אבל למרבה התסכול, לא מצאתי אותו. אז הבנתי שאני יכול לחפש במאגר המידע שלהם בדך טובה יותר, ואז ישמתי את כלי החיפוש של אליס איילנד. מצאתי אותו באורח מידי ! סיפרתי לאחרים על טופס החיפוש שלי, וכל השאר הוא הסטוריה. 3. לשאלה השלישית (מה תגובת האתרים והאם הם משתמשים בכלי החיפוש שלו): אין תגובה [בתוספת גיחוך]. סטיב

אדם פ1

Dear Dr. Morss

My family lost any contact with out relatives in The U.S The name of the family we are searching for is Deutsch. We had some contact many years ago with Gabi (and his father, Jozef) Deutsch who used to live in New-York. Now we know nothing about him (he might be dead by now) or his next of keens. How can we locate these relatives? We have tried the american yellow pages with no success. Any help would be highly appreciated. Adam

למעלה