שרשור השאלות לסטפן מורס

yofi nechama

David Sarnoff - Question in Engish

Dear Dr. Morse. Where can I find details about the ancestors of David Sarnoff, who was Radio and TV Pioneer and head of RCA. In my grandmother’s family, they said he was their cousin, probably through his mother. The problem is, that be is known to have been born in Uzlian, near Minsk in Belarus, while the rest of the family lived in Mazovsze area, north of Warsaw Poland. My grandmother’s generation is not with us any more, and can’t be asked about it. Sincerely, Nehama.

Stephen Morse

To Nechama

Dear Nehama, From a websearch I found that David's parents were Leah and Abraham and that David was the oldest of five children. But you probably knew that already. I also learned that David's father came over in 1895 and brought the rest of the family over in 1900. I tried to locate these records in the Ellis Island database but didn't have any luck. That's the document you really want to find since it might give information about the family in Russia. I did find him in the 1920 census but the information was hard to read. He lived in Manhattan at 90 Pinehurst Avenue. His wife's name was ilegible and was 25 years old, and his son's name looked like Norbert and he was 16 months old. The 1930 census was a bit clearer. He lived at 11 West 69th Street in Manhattan, his wife's name was now readable and was Lizette. His oldest son was Robert (not Norbert). And his other children were Edward (age 9) and Thomas (age 3). I was not able to locate the family in the 1910 census.. Sorry I couldn't find any more information about him that could be useful in your making a connection. -- Steve Morse​

תרגום ליופי נחמה

נחמה היקרה, מחיפוש ברשת גיליתי שהוריו של דייוויד היו לאה ואברהם ושדייוויד היה הבכור מבין 5 ילדים. אך את בוודאי כבר יודעת זאת. גיליתי גם שאביו של דייוויד הגיע ב-1895 והביא את יתר בני המשפחה ב-1900. ניסיתי לאתר רישומים אלה במאגר אליס איילנד אך לא הצלחתי. זה המסמך שאת באמת רוצה למצוא מפני שהוא עלול לספק מידע על המשפחה ברוסיה. מצאתי אותו במפקד האוכלוסין של 1920 אך היה קשה לקרוא את המידע. הוא גר במנהטן ב-90 Pinehurst Avenue. שמה של רעייתו לא היה ברור והיא היתה בת 25 ושמו של בנו נראה כמו נורברט והוא היה בן 16 חודשים. מפקד האוכלוסין של 1930 היה מעט יותר ברור. הוא גר ב- 11 West 69th Street במנהטן, שמה של רעייתו קריא כעת והוא ליזט. בנו הבכור היה רוברט (לא נורברט) וילדיו האחרים היו אדוארד (בן 9) ותומס (בן 3). לא הצלחתי לאתר את המשפחה במפקד האוכלוסין של 1910. אני מצטער שלא הצלחתי למצוא עוד מידע עליו שיכול היה להועיל לך ביצירת קשר. סטיב מורס.

yofi nechama

David Sarnoff

Hello Dr. Morse. I thank you for the info you found for me about David Sarnoff. I'm looking for info. about his parents. I don't understand his relation to my family, since he was born in the Minsk area (Belarus), and my family came from Ostrow Mazowjeck (Poland), Poland. I know that he attended a wedding of my grandmother's cousin, accompanied by 2 bodygourds. My grandmother's aunt said that they were cousins. Thanks,Nehama.

ובעברית

שלום ד"ר מורס, אני מודה לך על המידע שמצאת בשבילי על דייוויד סרנוף. אני מחפשת מידע על הוריו. איני מבינה את הקשר שלו למשפחתי מפני שהוא נולד באזור מינסק (בלרוס) ומשפחתי הגיעה מאוסטרוב מזויצ'ק (פולין). אני יודעת שהוא נכח בחתונה של בן דוד של סבתי מלווה בשני שומרי ראש. דודתה של סבתי אמרה שהם היו קרובים. תודה, נחמה

yofi nechama

תרגום לעברית

שלום ד"ר מורס. אני מודה לך על החומר שמצאת עבורי בנוגע לדייויד סרנוף. אני מחפשת מידע בקשר להוריו. אינני מבינה את הקשר למשפחתי, היות שהוא נולד באזור מינסק (בלרוס), ומשפחתי באה מאזור אוסטרוב מזובייצק (פולין). ידוע לי שהוא הגיע לחתונה של בת-דוד של סבתי, מלווה בשני שומרי ראש. דודה של סבתי אמרה שהם בני דודים. תודה, נחמה.

zvikurz18

מנסה למצוא את משפחת אבי קורץ בויזני

בויזניץ ללא הצלחה איך אפשר להגיע לארכיון העיר הזו או למצוא פרטים נוספים

ויזמאן ממרוקו

יש הסוברים שמשפחת ויזמאן הגיעה למרוקו מפורטוגל אחרי הגירוש . הידוע לך על כך . בשפה הברברית פירוש השם ויזמאן - אריה - . בכתובה של אבי סבי רשום אשר בבא יהודה וראובן ויזמאן אשר ''יקראהו גור אריה יהודה'' הייתכן ששם המשפחה לפנים היה יהודה או אריה . בתודה יוסף בירב

כוכה

Relatives that arrived to the US

Relatives that arrived to the US in the beggining of the 20th century. My mother's aunt: IDA DAITCH -DOITCH (nee ANTZEL or GORDON). DOB: circa. 1890(maybe a few years older or younger). She immigrated to the US about 1905 from Lithuania and married in the US GETZL DOITCH -DAITCH. They had 2 boys and 2 girls. The sons may have been medical Doctors and on of the girls maybe married a medical Doctor. My mother (in Israel) was in touch with them during the 1950's but lost contact with then. She does not remember where they lived - maybe Chicago. At the same time that Ida immigrated (maybe with her) her sister Feige ANTZEL or GORDON imigrated to the US too. She married Eidel (last name unknown). They had two children, and she passed away circa 1918 - 1922. Our efforts to find them by searching Ellis Island database or the SSDI yielded names of other relatives. I will be grateful for any new lead. תרגום: רוני

Stephen Morse

To Kocha

Dear Kocha Again the answer that I gave to Mirka would apply here as well. It sounds like you already did some of the obvious things like looking in the SSDI. But do try the census too, as well as the other things I mentioned to Mirka.​

תרגום לכוכה

כוכה יקרה, שוב התשובה שעניתי למירקה תתאים גם כאן. כפי שזה נשמע, כבר עשית כמה מהדברים הברורים מאליהם כמו חיפוש ב-SSDI. אך נסי גם את מפקד האוכלוסין וכן דברים אחרים שהזכרתי למירקה.

הקשר למתארח

האם המאתארח משיב רק בעניין משפחות יוצאי אשכנז . אני שואל בעניין משפחה ממרוקו .

עב

תשובה לקולות העולים מן העמק

לפני ששואלים כדאי לקרוא על תחום התמחותו של המתארח. אז כדי לקצר לך את הדרך הנה ציטוט: "סטפן יסייע לנו להבין כיצד פועלים מנועי החיפוש שלו, כיצד ניתן לחפש בצורה יעילה במאגרי מידע מקוונים, כיצד נוכל להשתמש בכלי החיפוש שלו לצרכים שלנו ואפילו לבנות כלי חיפוש משלנו, מה ההבדל בין החיפושים השונים שבנה, כיצד בונים כלי חיפוש מהירים למאגרי מידע עצומים, היכן כדאי לחפש אנשים בארה"ב, ושאר ירקות." אם יש לך שאלה על מנועי חיפוש ועל דרך לאתר אנשים בארצות הברית - לא משנה מאיזה עדה, זה הזמן והמקום

למעלה