אירוח ולרי בזרוב

תרגום לאנגלית של שאלתה של ruva

In the Jewishgen/Litvak Sig database I found records from the census of 1851 of my "Taybel" family. According to the census there were three children: Don, David & Rachel. I am descended from Don. It a rare first name. My uncle (my father's brother) got this name when he was born in 1911. According to the census, the second son of the Taybels (David) was drafted to the army, and aparently participated at the Krimea War 1853-1856. As a token of appriciation, the participants in the war got permission to settle in the southern parts of the Russian Empire. He did not return home to Glebokie (Belarus) after the war; he built his family somewhere in southern Russia. 1) I found in Yad Vashem Testimony pages on the TAybel Daviv family from Kerch (Krym) that were murdered by the Nazis. I could not find the submitters of these pages. 2) I found another Taybel family from Baku (Azerbaijan), who immigrated to the US recently. They and their forefathers are Baku natives. When I asked them about the origin of the surname Taybel, they replied it originated from Belarus. My grandfather died young in 1919, when my father was 10 years old. Due to the distance, the contact between the families ended (we are a Livak branch of the Taybels). I heard from my father that somewhere in southern Russia we have relatives. He did not know anything further. We may be related, and I would like to check this. My questions are: Would it be possible to receive information from archives in the Ukraine and/or Azerbaijan on the Jewish communities of Kerch and Baku (respectively) ? I wrote to the archive in the Ukraine and got no answer. What should I do in order to find answers to my questions. Thank you !​

ruva

Below are a few links and addresses that may be helpful to you Ukraine, Kerch: http://www.kerch.com.ua/company.aspx?id=3727 Контактная информация Телефон: 8 (06561) 2-81-36 Факс: 8 (06561) 2-03-56 E-mail: [email protected] WWW: www.kerch.com.ua/gesher/ Адрес: ул. Циолковского, 6, Керчь Azerbaijan: http://www.fjc.ru/Communities/instIndex.asp?cid=84354 Ashkenazi Jewish Community of Baku D. Alieva str. 186 Baku, Azerbaijan 370014 Tel.: (994 12) 94 02 88, 99 20 54 Fax: (99412) 94-02-88 http://www.jewish.az/ You start a great genealogical adventure. I wish you good luck.​

תרגום - ruva לא כולל קירילית

להלן כמה קישורים וכתובות שיכולים לסייע לך: אוקראינה, קרש: www.kerch.com.ua/company.aspx?id=3727 (פרטי קשר בקירילית): טלפון: 2-81-36(06561)8 עוד טלפון: 2-03-56(06561)8 מייל: [email protected] אתר: www.kerch.com.ua/gesher/ כתובת נוספת בקירילית אזרבייג'אן: www.fjc.ru/communities/instIndex.asp?cid=84354 הקהילה היהודית בבאקו: Ashkenazi Jewish Community of Baku D. Alieva str. 186 Baku, Azerbaijan 370014 Tel.: (994 12) 94 02 88, 99 20 54 Fax: (99412) 94-02-88 http://www.jewish.az/ כך תתחילי בהרפתקה גנאלוגית נפלא. אני מאחל לך בהצלחה. תרגמה: אסנת

ליהיא51

שאלות למר ולרי בזרוב:

POLAND: מבקשת כל מידע על משפחת NATAN FELDMAN . נולד כנראה במחצית 1 של המאה ה-19 . אולי במקום הנקרא: FELSHTIN. היו לו 3 בנים, מתתיהו, בן ציון, ומשה-אהרון. וכן שתי בנות - אנני יודעת את שמן. כל מידע על המשפחה יתקבל בברכה. LITHUANIA: מבקשת מידע על IOKHEL (יחיאל)-JULIUS שם משפחה: ZANG. נולד ב -1864 שם אשתו: TILLIS. כנראה שהיו לו 3 ילדים. היה בהולנד בשנת 1934. מה קרה להם מאז ? האם הולנד היתה תחנת מעבר ? לא מצאתי אותם במקום אחר. תודה.

תרגום השאלה השניה

I am seeking information about my family from Lithuania: Iokhel Julius ZANG born in 1864, married Tillis, and may have had 3 children. In 1934 he was in Hollan. What happened ever since ? Was Holland a transit staion ? I havn't found them anywhere else. Thank you​

Lihi

When you say: In 1934 he was in Holland, does that mean that he moved to Holland in 1934? Holland was not assigned as a transit country, however, it was a natural stop on the immigrant's way across the Atlantic to the US, Canada, or South America. Again, as with plenty of other questions, information is not enough to suggest any specific ways to find out. I would be happy to hear more, if you contact me on my e-mail directly.​

ובעברית...

כשאת אומרת: ב-1934 הוא היה בהולנד, האם פירוש הדבר שהוא עבר להולנד ב-1934? הולנד לא נחשבה לארץ מעבר אך היא היתה תחנת עצירה טבעית בדרכם של המהגרים אל מעבר לאוקיינוס לארה"ב, קנדה או דרום אמריקה. שוב, כבשאלות רבות אחרות, המידע אינו מספיק כדי להציע דרכים מסוימות לגלות זאת. אשמח לשמוע עוד, אם תצרי עמי קשר למייל שלי באופן ישיר.

../images/Emo70.gif../images/Emo70.gifעצירת שאלות זמנית../images/Emo70.gif

אנא עצרו את כל השאלות המבקשות איתור. ולרי בזרוב ו- HIAS לא יוכלו לבצע עבורנו איתורים על סמך ההודעות. הארוח של ולרי בזרוב נועד להרחיב את אופקינו בדבר המשאבים העומדים לרשות החוקרים אצל HIAS, שיטות העבודה, שיטות מחקר וכו'. בהמשך הערב אפרסם הודעה נוספת ומפורטת, כיצד יש לפנות בצורה רשמית ומסודרת ל - HIAS בבקשת איתור. תודה, רוני

חיפוש קרובי משפחה בHIAS והשאלות

חברים יקרים, מרבית השאלות ששורשרו כאן מהוות בקשות חיפוש. לא לכך כוון הארוח של ולרי בזרוב. הוא אמנם האחראי על איתור אנשים ב- HIAS, אבל עם כל הרצון הטוב, הוא לא יוכל, במסגרת הארוח, לבצע חיפושים פרטניים לפי בקשות החברים. החיפוש ("המחקר") בארכיוני HIAS מבוצע כנגד תשלום של 30$. על מנת להתחיל בחיפוש, יש צורך למלא טופס בקשה ולשלוח אותו ל - HIAS בניו יורק, בצרוף 30$. את טופס החיפוש ניתן להוריד מהרשת, בכתובת הבאה: http://www.hias.org/Find_Family/searchform_eng.pdf ולשלוח אותו לפי הכתובת:
HIAS Location Service 333 Seventh Ave. 17th Floor New York, NY 10001-5004 USA​
למרות שכתוב בטופס ובאתר שיש לשלוח שיק דולרי דיברתי עם ולרי היום והוא מסר לי שהם יסכימו לקבל גם מזומן בדולרים, וזאת על מנת להקל על הישראלים, שלא יצטרכו לשלם ממון רב עבור הנפקת שיקים דולריים. כמו כן נמסר לי, שבמקרה שעל פי טופס הבקשה הם מגלים שאינם יכולים לבצע את המחקר, הם משיבים את הכסף לשולח. אני חושב שהם מחזירים את הכסף בשיק דולרי ולא במזומן, גם אם שלחתם מזומן. ראו הוזהרתם ...
=== אנא שלחו שאלות המתייחסות למאגרים, לשיטות, לאפשרויות העומדות בפנינו, לתכניות וכו' ולא בקשות מחקר פרטניות תודה רוני

z a h a v i

שיטות איתור משפחה מ-1901- לפי כתובת

שלום, ולרי בזרוב. מעוניין לאתר משפחה שגרה בכתובת מסוימת בניו-יורק בשנת 1901 איזה כלים או אפשרויות קיימות כדי לדעת בברור מי התגורר בכתובת הידועה סביב שנת 1901 וגורלם(הצאצאים). כדי להבין את כונתי מצרף דוא"ל שקיבלתי מארה"ב ממישהיא שפנתה אלי והביאה לידיעתי את המידע. While going through the JGFF I came across your entry of GOLDMANs. I was particularly interested because you mentioned the town of Piatra Neamt, Romania, and also Israel. My grandparents, Mendel KOENIGSBERG and Esther MOSCOVITZ KOENIGSBERG came to the United States in 1901 from Jaffa, Israel, which was under the rule of the Ottoman Turks at that time. . They came to GOLDMAN cousins who at the time lived at either 77 Henry Street or 11 Henry Street. in New York City. The family of Esther MOSCOVITZ KOENIGSBERG came originally from Piatra Neamt Romania to the area now known as Israel in the middle of the 19th Century. Esther's mother was Miriam (Marie) GOLD MOSCOVITCH . Although GOLDMAN is very common, the fact that Piatra Neamt and Israel are mentioned is very interesting. Do you recognize the following names: KOENIGSBERG, MOSCOVITCH, MOSCOVICI, GOLD, GOLDBERG, GOLDENBERG, COHEN, FRIEDMAN, KRISTAL (CRYSTAL). I would be interested in your GOLDMAN information. Thank You Judith KOENIG FOX תודה אלי

תרגום לאנגלית

Shalom, Valery Bazarov I am interesten in locating a family that resided in a particular address in New York in 1901. What tools or possibilities are there to find out who resided in this address around 1901 and their fait (descendants). In order to clarify myself, I attach an email message that I received from someone who approached me and gave me some information.​
הודעת הדוא"ל המצורפת לא תורגמה.

z a h a v i

שאלת השלמה לולרי

רוני, שלום לא ברור לי באם הדוא"ל שמצורף להודעתי המקורית הועברה לולרי בזרוב עלמנת שיבין את כונתי. תודה אלי

Zahavi

If we know the address of a certain family, we can follow up confirming it with the city directories. Then we should look into Censuses in this case 1910, 1920, 1930. If we are lucky, and we found someone who in 1930 was a child, he/she may be very much alive today and knowing the age we can find the person in the telephone directories. Another option is to find the death record in SSDI and then order a copy of the deah certificate. Usually informant is the next of kin, who might be alive now. Of course this is only a skeleton of a search. A real search may hit plenty of brick walls before a success. The names in your list are very familiar. Besides Koenigsberg, the rest are counted by thousands. Valery​

תרגום לזהבי

אם אנו יודעים את הכתובת של משפחה מסוימת, אנו יכולים להמשיך ולוודא זאת עם מדריכי העיר. אז יש לבדוק במפקדים, במקרה זה 1910, 1920, 1930. אם יש לנו מזל, ומצאנו מישהו ב-1930 היה ילד, ייתכן שהוא/היא חי כיום ומידיעת הגיל אנו יכולים למצוא את האדם במדריכי הטלפון. אפשרות אחרת היא למצוא את רישום הפטירה ב- SSDI ולהזמין עותק של תעודת הפטירה. בדרך כלל המודיע הוא קרוב שייתכן שעדיין חי. כמובן שזה רק שלד החיפוש. חיפוש אמיתי יכול להוביל למבואות סתומים רבים לפני הצלחה. השמות שרשמת מוכרים מאוד. מלבד קניגסברג, היתר נמנים באלפים.

shaham01

שאלה על חיפוש שנעשה ב-1961

Shalom, I have a letter from 1961 issued by the HIAS office in Tel-Aviv, in which they inform my wife's grandfather of their success in locating his relative following his request. Needless to say the recipient is no longer among the living and no one else in the family knows anything of this relative (I have the name and his 1961 address) and we do not know how exactly was he related to my wife's family. Nor do his descendants that I located in the US. Is it possible to retreive the file on the search conducted by HIAS in 1960-1961 and if so what steps should I take to get a copy of the file? Thank you, Rony Shaham​
שלום, יש ברשותי מכתב ממשרדי היאס בתל אביב משנת 1961, בו הם מודיעים לסבה של אשתי על הצלחתם באיתור קרובו בארה"ב. למותר לציין שהסב נפטר מזמן ואף אחד אחר במשפחה לא שמע מעולם על אותו קרוב (יש במכתב את שמו וכתובתו) ובודא אין כל מידע המגלה כיצד הוא קשור למשפחה. גם צאצאיו, אותם איתרתי בארה"ב אינם יודעים דבר על משפחת אשתי ועל הקשר אליהם. האם ניתן לאתר את במשרדי או בארכיון היאס את התיק של אותו חיפוש וכיצד ניתן להגיע למידע שבו? תודה, רוני שחם

Rony Shaham

Unfortunately, these records were destroyed long time ago. However, if you know the name and the old address, there is a chance we could find the people or rather their children, if they had any. To request a search you need to fill out the questionnaire (search form) - www.hias.org, then qlick on Find Family.​

shaham01

Thank you. I have located his

descendants but they have never heard of our side of the family from their elder, so I understand that unless we find another source we will never know how exactly are we related
Rony Shaham​

תרגום תשובה לרוני שחם

לרוע המזל, רישומים אלה הושמדו לפני זמן רב. ואולם, אם אתה יודע את השם ואת הכתובת השינה, יש סיכוי שנוכל למצוא את האנשים או את ילדיהם, אם היו להם. כדי לבקש חיפוש, עליך למלא שאלון (טופס מחקר) באתר www.hias.org ואז להקיש על Find Family. תרגמה: אסנת

למעלה