כותבים ספרים לכאלה שמעולם לא קראו ספר

כותבים ספרים לכאלה שמעולם לא קראו ספר

[..]
כתבה בערוץ 2 על רבי המכר החדשים.
כתבתי את זה כבר בעבר - אני לא חושב שזה מסמל משהו על מצב הספרות, כי אלה ספרים שמדברים לקהל שעד עכשיו לא קנה ספרים; כלומר - אין סיבה שבגלל ספרים כאלה יפסיקו להוציא ספרים איכותיים.
לכן אני משתדל לא להתרגש מזה. מה שכן - אני לרוב משתדל גם לא להתנשא, אבל המשפט של אלמוג בר על רם אורן גמר אותי[..]

לצפיה כאן

siv30

גדול

טוב שהיא לא אמרה שהיא לא ניסתה להיות ג'יימס ג'וייס.
מאידך, לא נראה לי שהיא יודעת שקיים סופר כזה

טוב נראה לאן הטרנד הזה ילך. לא בטוח שהוא ישרוד

KallaGLP

אני לא יכולה להחליט בין מקום ראשון לשני:

הקטע עם הסופר המופתי רם אורן או עם שלגיה שחזרה להיות לכלוכית.
האם לצחוק או לבכות?
ענק!!!

siv30

קורע לא נרגעתי

זה רק מעיד על מצבנו שאלה רבי המכר

catch 2 2

כל הכבוד להם.

I think books used to be real important parts of the cultural converstaion, in a way that they aren't anymore. And the fact that Rolling Stone, which is a pretty important mainstream magazine, doesn't cover them that much anymore says a lot. Not so much about Rolling Stone. But about how interested the culture is in books.
For me--and you know this, you get together with writers, and this is a great topic of conversation, 'cause we'll all just bitch and moan. We'll talk about the decline of education and people's declining attention spans, and the responsibility of TV for this. For me the interesting question is, what's caused books to becomes kind of less important parts of cultural conversation?

-A minority taste?

Yeah, in a certain way. The thing that I think a lot of us forget is, part of the fault of that is books. Is that probably as, you know--you get this sort of cycle, as they become less important commercially and in the mainstream, they've begun protecting their ego by talking more and more to each other. And establishing themselves as this tight kind of cloistered world that doesn't really have anything to do, you know, with real regular readers.
And uh, so, so no, I don't think they're passé. I think they've gotta find fundamentally new ways of doing their job. And I don't think for instance we as a generation have done a very good job of this.

David Foster Wallace. From "Although Of Course You End Becoming Yourself" by David Lipsky.

למעלה