ראש ממשלת אוסטרליה נקנס בהפלגה על היותו ללא אפודת הצלה

gerson1

ראש ממשלת אוסטרליה נקנס בהפלגה על היותו ללא אפודת הצלה

Australian Prime Minister fined for not wearing a lifejacket
15 hours ago Print Email
Australia’s Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was fined A$250 fo not wearing a lifejacket aboard his boat in Sydney Harbor. According to the Guardian, Turnbull was moving his inflatable dinghy from his dock to a nearby jetty. He was photographed by the Australian press which showed him wearing a red rash top but not lifejacket.

Turnbull said he only learned about the law requiring lifejacket use after the photo attracted comments on social media and he contacted Maritime Services. “The rules can often seem very technical, but they are there to keep us safe and we should all comply with them,” he said on his Facebook page. “So lesson learned; I will make sure I always wear a life jacket in my dinghy regardless of how close I am to the shore, just as I always do on my kayak.”

Maritime Services delivered a $250 fine over the weekend. A spokesman for Turnbull said the fine would be paid.

Angus Mitchell, executive director of NSW Maritime, told the Guardian that the incident was a “timely reminder” of the need for safety on the water. “We want to ensure everyone enjoys their break and gets home safely this summer so please, wear a lifejacket and take care on our waterways,” he said.

למעלה